Iowa State men's basketball team (as a whole)

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Voice of reason.

This group of guys...tough as nails. They fight hard, and are in just about any game (@WVU is the 1 exception). KState is a tough place to play. They are unbeaten at home in conference.

The guys had a chance to win this one...just didn't close. It happens.

Yep, this game could have gotten ugly if not for the toughness and never panic attitude. Other than Niang struggling a bit nothing surprising happened in this game. The only thing that worries me is yet another first 5 minutes of Washington Generals basketball. Do that against most teams in the tourney and we are getting bounced. How this team is completely out of sorts to start almost every game is maddening.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Yes we're great, we are very talented, blah, blah, blah...
CFH recruits these guys because they can shoot (and supposedly hit) the 3 pointers, and free throws (on a consistent basis).

I really don't know where to go after that statement. I was hoping someone else might have some closure on this.

What the hell? Iowa State lost on the road today to a tournament team, much like about half of the top 25 (although not all lost to tournament teams on the road).

Calm down.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It's hard to take these losses because we beat ourselves. I would say our only loss that we didn't beat ourselves was @ KU.

Oh for ****'s sake. We lost on the road to 4 tournament teams. We are not the only ones.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Would have been nice to get that one, be alone in second place, solidify potential for 3 seed in NCAA tournament. But there were plenty of close games this season that could have swung to a loss. It slipped away, but other wins didn't (and at least two contained a good dose of luck).

I predicted in preseason ISU would sweep KSU, and it almost happened. Get these next two. It's possible, and it'll be just as sweet.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
We return 19 of our 73 points from tonight's game. I hope they make some major strides.

Same thing the past 2 years and it has seemed to work out all right.

I'll contend that this year's team has been much more balanced with non-seniors contributing as well. Tonight wasn't that night. But we still have Georges coming back and I am confident that Monte, Matt, and Naz will get better at scoring. I think Dustin can become more consistent.

BigCojones

Aug 24, 2009
Ankeny
Fred needs to recruit someone that can actually make a freaking basket.

Next year is gonna suck with the fact the only 1 player, Niang, can do anything offensively.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010

Next year is gonna suck with the fact the only 1 player, Niang, can do anything offensively.
So what're you thinking for a record next year, like 16-16 or so? SMH...

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Love the logic on this board.."We need to recruit someone that can put the dumb ball in the hoop!" Good God this board is awful after a loss. Just move on with your life, it's not the end of the world.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

Your probably the same person who thought that Melvin was not good offensively when he was younger. Monte will become a better scorer. Matt will be fine. Naz will be solid.

I think I see where today's meltdown is going though. Even the most over-reacting fans realize that tonight's loss is not a huge deal (would have been a HUGE win and puts more pressure on the last two). So instead of freaking out over the loss, we are going to freak out over next year.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA

Agreed. Players never get any better and what we see now is the best it's gonna get.

Dear God man. We've got a great team and a program on the rise. Relax.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Love the logic on this board.."We need to recruit someone that can put the dumb ball in the hoop!" Good God this board is awful after a loss. Just move on with your life, it's not the end of the world.

This is the post game meltdown. Even the biggest idiots realize that the loss wasn't a huge deal and they can't really melt down about that. But they can melt down about next year.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA

Agreed. Players never get any better and what we see now is the best it's gonna get.

Dear God man. We've got a great team and a program on the rise. Relax.

BigCojones

Aug 24, 2009
Ankeny
If there is a way to go look at my prior post any of you can go see I don't come on this board and melt down after loses. It's funny how some of you name call and make it personal. I don't have your gift of being blind to the issues I see.
This team is Kane away from being a next to last place teams in the Big 12. Got dam lucky to pull him in at the last minute and have him eligible this year.