Iowa State men's basketball team (as a whole)

Cyclophile1

Dec 14, 2009
Overland Park, KS
K-State was just better, and made things difficult for our more limited guys to make shots. Niang, Naz and Thomas will generally be the difference for us on any given night and KSU made those guys uncomfortable. When those guys go 3 of 20+, our chances of winning just aren't very good. Put the terrible free throw shooting on top and we just can't quite get over the hump. Just like Kansas at home, we needed ONE guy from those three who was going to step up and make some shots, and it didn't happen. Take care of business these next two, and go grab that 4 seed.

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
The melvin tech did turn the game though.

a technical with 17:03 left in the second did not turn the game. it had a minor impact on the game, at best.

missing FT's (front end of 1and 1's hurt), missing wide open looks from 3, and our bench not even getting off the bus is what "turned the game".

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
FTs will kill us at this rate. 2-1 final 3 is acceptable but now it's gotta be 2-0. Gotta play a little better.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Tied 69-69 with 1:36 left at a hostile road environment against a team that has not lost one home conference game. This was not one of those games that we were able to out tough or execute the opponent down the stretch. Effort was there. Remember the post a while back about what one player you could have back to be on this team? Can't remember who I said then, but I know now. McGee! Our offense is pretty darn good without a knockdown threat this year.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
This team needs to win at Baylor and take care of okie st. Playing wv in first game of tourney will not be easy and scares me. We want to end the season winning more than losing. Hogue played a terrible game. Naz and mt need to hit 3-4 threes a game for us to win most games. Kane and Ejim need to just shut up after every foul. I love both of them but I'm really tired of seeing them ***** and complain after every single foul. Get thought and move on.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
KState shot very well from the line tonight compared to their average - 79% vs. 65%, respectively. On 29 attempts they made 23 when they'd normally make 18 or 19. Those four extra made free throws aren't enough to swing the final 7 point difference by themselves, but it might have been enough for us to get over the hump at the end. How differently would we/they have played if ISU was up by as many as 4 with 1:30 left instead of being tied?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
a technical with 17:03 left in the second did not turn the game. it had a minor impact on the game, at best.

missing FT's (front end of 1and 1's hurt), missing wide open looks from 3, and our bench not even getting off the bus is what "turned the game".

It certainly killed the momentum gained coming out of the locker room.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Really. The free throw shooting has been atrocious in last three games. Maybe they need to take more time shooting at the line. Several have been short. Worst free throw shooting in the league other than last two teams?

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
Naz and MT have a combined 170+ games left as Cyclones. They are both young and are basically both in their first year of Big 12 ball. If at this time next year we are complaining that they can't shoot I will be worried, but for the next 2 years I think we will have an unreal threat from deep.

I bet they don't go 0-8 combined ever again. Just an off night as both had clean looks.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron