Chicago Bears: Free Agency update

isuarch80

Sep 25, 2006
Dallas, TX
Just reported on ESPN Sportscenter:

Briggs and Bears agree to 6 yr, $38 mil

Berrian leaves Bears for Vikings for 6 yr deal

The Bears #1 and #2 WRs are now gone. Stallworth has signed with Cleveland. Some of the other "top" free agent WRs are signed already or have been traded for. So basically it's Moss, and I know Angelos won't go after him. You'd think there'd be a better strategy for WRs seeing that they're trying another year with Grossman and Orton.

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
I psyched to keep Briggs....but damned sorry to see Berrian go to a team that can't help him. Especially after we cleared Moose out of his way..

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Nice signing of Briggs. I think Berrian may be overrated, but we could still use him. I wonder what WRs they may get.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Berrian is dead to me now. I hope when we first meet the Vikings that Mike Brown lays him the hell out and sends him to the hospital.

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Ah come on now.....Berrian is ok, he just won't catch another ball for another 6 years or so....

MrGreg

Oct 18, 2006
Snap, I'm so excited about the Vikes signing Berrian!! Even if he's overrated, he's still a good receiver, and he's the automatic #1.

Wait, wrong thread... :wink:

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
We really need a big receiver in the draft now, there aren't anymore in free agency. Berrian frustrated me ALOT last year with his drops but most of all his bad reads and constantly running the wrong routes...

bcr4isu

Oct 17, 2006
Brown is still there, barring another season ending injury. I think that Mark Bradely given the chance, which looks likely, can become a pretty good reciever. Hester, Bradely, Olsen, Clark, and Davis well it could always be worse.

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
as of right now, we have a bunch of average recievers. we need to pick up at least one veteran via FA or trade. drafting another decent one wont hurt. bradley showed flashes two years ago, but didnt do a whole lot last year. granted, he didnt get a whole bunch of chances, but he had what, two big plays all year? Davis runs deep well, but we need someone who can get it to him consistently. Hester too. Look for Clark and Olsen to have monster years, especially if grossman is the qb, because he loves the TE and the checkdown. I would love to see blythe get picked up by the bears, but that is unrealistic because olsen does everything blythe would and more.

it doesnt hurt so much that berrian is gone, but it hurts that he stayed within the division. the way i see it, he was an average receiver wanting superstar bucks, and i think the bears DO need to spend more money, but only when it is deserved. berrian didnt deserve the franchise tag, because he wasnt worth that much money. there is no way he is a top five receiver in the league; hell he isnt even a #1 receiver for any team in the NFL.

isuarch80

Sep 25, 2006
Dallas, TX
sorry, but the qb situation is worse in MN than in Chicago, right now at least. we'll see what happens. Bradley has always had potential in Chicago, but I'm weary about him seeing we had to resort to using Hester so much on offense. I could definitely see them going WR first round now and see where that goes. Should be interesting.

Landshark

Jan 23, 2007
Ankeny, IA
That would be nice... but Mike Brown will probably be injured by then.

I am happy we kept Briggs. Obviously we are still interested in defense more than offense.

I thought Mike Brown retired due to injuries? Am I wrong? I hope so!!

Berrian is a huge loss, but I'm glad Briggs saw the light and stayed with the Bears!!!

Luckily the Bears have one of the best scouting departments in the league, so hopefully we can get some good rookies next month. I wonder if they're planning on playing Hester more at WR?

ketchupnmustard

Oct 28, 2006
Berrian's a Viking now. At least now he gets to play on the same team as Adrian Peterson. The "good" Adrian Peterson that is.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
sorry, but the qb situation is worse in MN than in Chicago, right now at least. we'll see what happens. Bradley has always had potential in Chicago, but I'm weary about him seeing we had to resort to using Hester so much on offense. I could definitely see them going WR first round now and see where that goes. Should be interesting.

The qb situation in MN just got a lot better. TJack hasn't always shown the greatest touch, but he does have a strong arm. He hasn't had any receivers available until now who could take advantage of it. Barrian will have hands of glue compared to scissor hands Williamson. TJack should start to demonstrate his abilities with the extra year of experience and the talent available at OL, RB, & now WR. Teams will now pay the price for loading up to stop All Day.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron