SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
NO. 11 IOWA STATE (18-5, 6-5)
VS. TEXAS TECH (13-11, 5-6)
SATURDAY, FEB. 15 | 12:45 PM CST
AMES, IOWA | HILTON COLISEUM (14,384)

Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield
Talent: John Walters (pxp); Eric Heft (color)
TV: Big 12 Network
Talent: Brad Sham (pxp); Stephen Howard (color)
Live Internet Video: ESPN3/WatchESPN
Live Stats & Blog: Available at Cyclones.com

Time to get Monday's bad taste out of our mouths.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
NO. 11 IOWA STATE (18-5, 6-5)
VS. TEXAS TECH (13-11, 5-6)
SATURDAY, FEB. 15 | 12:45 PM CST
AMES, IOWA | HILTON COLISEUM (14,384)

Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield
Talent: John Walters (pxp); Eric Heft (color)
TV: Big 12 Network
Talent: Brad Sham (pxp); Stephen Howard (color)
Live Internet Video: ESPN3/WatchESPN
Live Stats & Blog: Available at Cyclones.com

Time to get Monday's bad taste out of our mouths.

On top of your game again!

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
For some reason I am more concerned about our team beating Texas Tech tomorrow than I am beating Texas on Tuesday...

Hope I'm wrong!

andymhallman

Nov 28, 2012
Fairfield, Iowa
I'm not sure I have the stomach to predict a blowout victory for ISU in light of what the Cyclones did Monday and what the Red Raiders did in Norman. Heck, we struggled to put away the worst team in the conference on our home floor last Saturday, so why would we be able to beat a surging Tech team by 20? The people who think that is likely have been watching a different Iowa State team from the one I've seen.

Early in conference play we had some bad shooting games from behind the arc and people attributed it to having off nights. We've had a lot of off nights through the first 11 games, which is why we're dead last in three point percentage, which is unbelievable considering how good we were last year. Niang has turned into our most consistent threat from outside, while the guards Thomas and Long are not quite the dead-eye shooters we hoped at the beginning of the year. I think we just have to accept the fact this is not a good three-point shooting team and that we should stop taking so many of them.

I think we can all agree Iowa State is not the 11th best team in the country. They are probably more like the 20th best team.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
I am mjhavlo76, and I approve this message! Amen brother!

I'm not sure I have the stomach to predict a blowout victory for ISU in light of what the Cyclones did Monday and what the Red Raiders did in Norman. Heck, we struggled to put away the worst team in the conference on our home floor last Saturday, so why would we be able to beat a surging Tech team by 20? The people who think that is likely have been watching a different Iowa State team from the one I've seen.

Early in conference play we had some bad shooting games from behind the arc and people attributed it to having off nights. We've had a lot of off nights through the first 11 games, which is why we're dead last in three point percentage, which is unbelievable considering how good we were last year. Niang has turned into our most consistent threat from outside, while the guards Thomas and Long are not quite the dead-eye shooters we hoped at the beginning of the year. I think we just have to accept the fact this is not a good three-point shooting team and that we should stop taking so many of them.

I think we can all agree Iowa State is not the 11th best team in the country. They are probably more like the 20th best team.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Beating them by more than 20 is highly unlikely...

I would temper those expectations. Would be glad just to come away with a victory!
I am in no way expecting or predicting to win by 20+. I would be happy with a 1 point win, however, I prefer that we win by 20+. Which is why I said Preferably.

Status
Not open for further replies.