Post your "Recruiting Party" tidbits, stories, & hot info.

4Cyclones

Sep 10, 2009
Ankeny
I just thought I would start a thread, so we could put all the recruiting party stories in 1 place. Although I wasn't able to attend, I am excited to hear what you learned or heard last night. TIA

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa
The new coaches were all a lot of fun. Got my picture with both Rhoads and Mangino. Talked at length to Ayeni, Blaney and young Mangino. Quick convos with all the others. I also met Trey Scott from the scout site.

oskyclone

Apr 13, 2006
Altoona
Mark mangino is a very short man. Wally is a very large man and can still have have a good time. Rhoads is a pimp. Brent Blum was boring, but Williams and Iowa nice guy were having fun. Tron Smith could be the new Jeff Johnson and everyone would cheer in fear.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
I just thought I would start a thread, so we could put all the recruiting party stories in 1 place. Although I wasn't able to attend, I am excited to hear what you learned or heard last night. TIA
I also was unable to attend for the second straight year. Need to do this on Thursday's CW!!

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA
Mark mangino is a very short man. Wally is a very large man and can still have have a good time. Rhoads is a pimp. Brent Blum was boring, but Williams and Iowa nice guy were having fun. Tron Smith could be the new Jeff Johnson and everyone would cheer in fear.

hahaha so true man

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
Mangino promised that we'd average 55 points per game. Rhoads promised 13 wins. Other than that it was your typical recruiting party.

Good time as always. Thanks to everyone that made it out and hope you all enjoyed it!

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010

Wally goes to my church...and I agree...while it may be easy to make an "old man" assumption...I think he could hold his own against many a person. Also, obviously not this way in church, but read his lips on the sideline and you'll see he's a fiery guy. :smile:

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Mangino has lost a LOT of weight, and he is really short compared to what I was expecting. I sat in the "bar" area and watched the presentation on the video screen. CPR was LOUD!!! I really hope the Karaoke guy was annoyed since he made sure to where his Hawkeye stocking cap the whole time. CPR's stutter was really bad last night. I'm sure the few drinks they had on the way down on the bus contributed. I was able to tell Mark that I love seeing him in our colors as he walked in. My brother and I were the first table they passed on their way in.

Next year I'll make sure my party buddies are not going to skip out on me, nor will I be on this stupid diet so I can stick around to enjoy the company of the coaches and drink like one should at one of these events.

I think it would be great to get username name tags next year. Maybe have an RSVP Chris so that you can pre-print them for those that do RSVP, would give you a tentative crowd count. Maybe offer an incentive for the ones that RSVP, like first Busch Light was on the house.:smile: Allow others to fill one out when they get there.

Class of CF to match the Keg Stand in donating a $1 to the Curtis Bray Memorial Fund for all Bud Light alluminum bottles sold!

I was surprised that you fanatics weren't a bunch of old fat nerds. Just me I guess... :wink:

CEO

Nov 27, 2009
Des Moines
The Mangenius was a nice guy. He doesn't drink apparently, or wasn't last night, and seemed fairly bored when my friends and I were having a conversation with him. He really perked up though when my girlfriend stopped by the table and when we gave him tips on where to score the best chinese food in Ames.

My brother talked to Todd Sturdy quite a bit. He said that he's glad to be back coaching QB's. He said Sum ***** Richardson is one tough dude, shouldn't have been playing in a few of the games he did last year. We were forced to play him because Rohach didn't know the offense. He says these injuries have made Richardson a bit gun shy now so that's something they're gonna have to work on.

Reactions: Aclone

ILiftWithRoyce

Feb 6, 2012
Ankeny

My inside source says that Brent's best pig just died thats why he's a little down

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I was wondering how much was donated to the Bray family fund?

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007

That's the last time I wish you a Happy Bday Oskyclone! :smile:

DontTazeMeBro

Jun 28, 2011
West Des Moines
One interesting item from last night was hearing Louis Ayeni turned down another coaching offer after coming over to ISU. That is always great to hear others were wanting him and we got him.

Feb 6, 2013
The Mangenius was a nice guy. He doesn't drink apparently, or wasn't last night, and seemed fairly bored when my friends and I were having a conversation with him. He really perked up though when my girlfriend stopped by the table and when we gave him tips on where to score the best chinese food in Ames.

CHC, right?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron