Cubs, SF 1-1.

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
Dempster gives up a 1st inning hr, must be different sucking at the beginning of a game...:skeptical:

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I'm not sure why MLB even posts spring training results or broadcasts games. The only players who are working hard are the guys trying to make the team. All the veterans who have a locked spot can just relax and get their 2 ABs and go home. Bob Gibson once said that he only threw fastballs in spring training.

I suppose it's just a way to get people (like myself) talking about baseball and spending money.

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
I enjoy the boxscores, gives me something to do at work during slow times. But seriously, at least get through the 1st inning without a hr.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Dumpster is the worst pitcher to wear the stripes in sometime. What a waste of money. Can him please.

Id rather have Alf throwing up 6 fingered gopher balls.

tyrelrobert

Oct 18, 2006
West Des Moines,IA
I think dempster is going to surprise some people this year. He has gotten in shape and remember he was an above average starter before his injuries. He was kind of thrown into the closing situation after spending his entire career as a starter. It is a different approach to the game closing as opposed to starting and I think he will be a good #4 or #5 pitcher.

Tweedt4Cy

Apr 14, 2007
Ankeny
i personally dont want dempster or dumpster starting. i cant stand him. i believe we are better without him. GO CUBS

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I doubt this Dumpster as a starter expiriement works out well. Can't really read much into these first few ST either, guys are rusty and they are getting back into game shape. my thoughts are that if he has problems giving up homers in just 1 inning how is that going to change much having to pitch 5+ innings?