No big man

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
I really think this team is a big man away from being special. I think we will never be a true contender without one. Are we always going to play small ball?

BloodyBuddy

Mar 13, 2012
If Thomas and Naz aren't hitting the wide open ones, then we might as well get a big body in the game.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
We're one true big man, and one legit 2-guard. We have a bunch of wings, but it makes it really hard to defend/rebound in league play, and obviously our shooters are struggling and very aggressive.

Hopefully Fred can run off a couple of the players that are dead weight on this roster and can add RV, or we're looking at our ceiling in the B12.

HawkHater247

Nov 22, 2011
Thought Percy gave a solid effort early.... dumb fouls but I'd rather him foul out if he's contributing early over mel georgeS and hogue with 4 each late.

Last edited:

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
yep. ISU should have a rotation of Niang, Nader, McKay, and Hogue for those spots. Also have Gibson and Edozie. Honestly, I don't see another big coming unless someone transfers and I'm not speculating who it would be and have no idea who it would be.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Maybe they should start running an offense like they did early in the season and this wouldn't be a problem.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Maybe they should start running an offense like they did early in the season and this wouldn't be a problem.

We had the same painful looking offense many times early in the season. The difference is 3-pointers got us out of the holes. Not happening now.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I really think this team is a big man away from being special. I think we will never be a true contender without one. Are we always going to play small ball?

I don't mind playing small ball, but we don't really have any shooters. Our shooting guards position with Long and Thomas are really struggling. Man we sure could use Vaughn to shore up that position.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Meh, I'd take less TO's in this game before any of UT's posts. A big guy does not get the ball when you turn it over. Last game I would take poor shooting (which would have been an improvement) over a big guy.

We have recruited talented big guys, they just signed elsewhere.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
Meh, I'd take less TO's in this game before any of UT's posts. A big guy does not get the ball when you turn it over. Last game I would take poor shooting (which would have been an improvement) over a big guy.

We have recruited talented big guys, they just signed elsewhere.

Id kill for Ridley even if he never scored. Have to think one of the reasons we don't get them is because they see how guard oriented we are.

AustinHawk

Dec 10, 2009
Cut turnovers and we win.

17-8 on turnovers and only 2 in the second half for Texas when they started to pull away. I think it was only 5-2 in the second half on turnovers, but to those talking about size, Texas also won the second half rebounding statistic.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron