Iowa State (9-0) vs Akron (6-2)
3:30PM Central Time\1130AM Hawaii Time
ESPNU

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Have a good feeling about this game. I think the GM game got the guys settled, and now they're ready to unleash a barrage of 3's on the Zips. Predicting a blowout, obviously will settle for any type of W.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I'm assuming that the back-to-back limits Akron's ability to prepare for us adequately.
Obviously, it affects us, too. I'm also assuming that being the better team is an advantage in that department.

Time to tie the best start in school history!

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
5 things I want to see

1. The obvious W

2. Matt Thomas go for 10+

3. Dustin Hogue with 11+ rebounds. Needs to make up for his off day he had today. 9 is unacceptable. Jk

4. Dorsey-Walker make at least one impact on the scoreboard

5. DeAndre Kane with a huge game offensively. 20+

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
I was prepared to wait another hour or two before I finished it off myself. Jeff Johnson would be disappointed it took so long.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
My favorite of that thread so far:

"Their 6'8" and 6'9" guys don't even play 10 minutes a game. Their tallest player with significant playing time is 6'7."

See: (10) Iowa State vs. (7) Notre Dame, 2013 Round-of-32.

Or UConn in 2012 when they were giving us **** for not being tall, and that their tall guys would own us all day which never happened.

I know they have a link to this message board, so hopefully they realize who that 6'7" guy is. Just someone who was on the same team as Nerlens Noel, who won his team's MVP award over Noel, and could get his shot off against Noel - who was a prolific shot blocker. It's funny how people will only look at stats when they amateurishly scout another team. There's only so much stats will actually tell you.

I'm not going to be confident about this game and I'm only going off of how Akron looked against Oregon State. They looked like a good team that game and I"m assuming it wasn't a fluke. I think this will be a good test for us and I hope we pull it out :) I think we will and in the end, it doesn't matter how much you win by in these games.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
5 things I want to see

1. The obvious W

2. Matt Thomas go for 10+

3. Dustin Hogue with 11+ rebounds. Needs to make up for his off day he had today. 9 is unacceptable. Jk

4. Dorsey-Walker make at least one impact on the scoreboard

5. DeAndre Kane with a huge game offensively. 20+

I want to see this team play better in the first half. Don't want to have to rely on Niang having a big second half like we have seen a few times. Three point shooting must improve. I don't think we will have such an easy time scoring inside against these guys. Is it me or did the team look like they were draggin *** in the first 7 or 8 minutes against George Mason? Niang especially.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I am currently driving across the country to make it home in time for this game. Moved my departure from 8am to 4am. Can't wait to cheer ISU on in an Akron, Ohio bar. Go state!

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
Well, I was planning on working right up to the wire on my last day before my Christmas vacation ;) but it looks like I won't be able to do that. Darn.

Dedication, that's what we like to hear.

Also, three important questions:

1) 2015's status? Answer - already on way to picking bar.

2) Is Rulzz drunk and passed out yet, or waiting until later this morning?

3) Did cowgirl make it out of the bathroom yesterday, just decided to set up camp in there for the tournament, or is she buried in a snowdrift?

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Akron is going to be tough. They'll be pumped to get a "signature win". Treadwell is one of those "men". Get out and run and look athletic. Most impressive team yesterday in the four games, imo. Made 10 'threes', I think. We will need to play well! Espn guys said Iowa State will have to "slow the game down". Not sure that's in our favor or would we anyways since that's when we're our best?????