Ejim and Kane chances to get to the NBA?

Who will be on an NBA team on opening day next year?

• Ejim

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • Kane

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • Both

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 59 47.2%

• Total voters

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
What are the chances that Ejim and Kane will play in the NBA? I think both get shots but I had a discussion with a friend and we were arguing especially about Ejim. We also disagreed on Niang being a pro player.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I'd put the chances at about zero for all three of those guys.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I would say Kane ends up in D-League and Ejim sits on someones bench. That being said I could see Ejim in D-League also. I think both will play in the NBA I just don't know how the teams will look at them. Kane should be good enough to be a solid backup point guard, but I don't know where they would put Ejim. Ejim is talented enough and I would put him at the three or four I just don't know how the teams will look at him. He is kind of like White in he doesn't have a true NBA position.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I think they both have chances to land a spot, but I've long since given up on making sense of the NBA and who will or won't stick.
My thoughts exactly. Way too many good basketball players out there, and not nearly enough minutes/teams to fit them all in. They should bring back the ABA and just have 2 professional leagues. Set it up like the NFL does and send the winner of the NBA Finals and the winner of the ABA Finals to the Ultimate Finals or whatever clever name you can think of. This would give more American players more opportunity to pursue their dreams closer to home and not in a foreign country.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If Kane improves his jump shot he could find a way on a team I think. Big body, can defend and great ball skills

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
My thoughts exactly. Way too many good basketball players out there, and not nearly enough minutes/teams to fit them all in. They should bring back the ABA and just have 2 professional leagues. Set it up like the NFL does and send the winner of the NBA Finals and the winner of the ABA Finals to the Ultimate Finals or whatever clever name you can think of. This would give more American players more opportunity to pursue their dreams closer to home and not in a foreign country.
I'd like to see the D-League be set up more of like the minors. It keeps people in the US and wouldn't screw up their money as much as another equal league.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Frankly, I think Hogue has the most NBA potential of the JRs/SRs right now. He has a level of athleticism that Ejim doesn't have.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Since I went off topic in that last post, my thoughts on Ejim, Niang, and Kane are this:

I think all 3 of them could be role players in the NBA. Niang would be instant offense. His old man game will still cause opposing defenders nightmare matchups. Don't know that he is quick enough to defend well, nor does he have the ability to really get to the rim with consistency (yet at least). Aside from being an occasional sparkplug on offense, his value would probably be minimal.

Ejim would be a great 4 if he were 2 inches taller. Fact is he's not and that will probably hurt him in the end. His weird inability to dunk at times would also be a red flag in my mind.

Kane like CyTwins mentioned just lacks an outside shot of any kind really. Backup PG at best, or lifer in the D-League like Curtis Stinson at worst.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
I see both somewhere in the Clyburn/Babb/Garrett range as far as NBA career; getting looks but not quite making the team (at least long term). Both could be professional players, but likely overseas.

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
Ejim maybe if he continues to shoot well from the outside. He could end up a perimeter defender type that comes off the bench. Kane isn't a good shooter and is a D leaguer maybe. If Niang was really athletic or 6'10 he'd be a 1st rounder. Niangs game says long career in Europe to me, but he could develope into a lights out 3 point shooter or something and make the NBA.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I'm sure they'll get a chance to go to camps or summer league teams, but I have to think they'd both be long shots to actually make a team.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Neither will make the NBA. Kane cannot shot and Ejim is too small to play a 4 in the NBA and wouldn't make a good 3. Both will be able to take their talents to Europe though.

Wally86

Oct 23, 2008
Central Iowa
All three have a chance the way they fill the stat sheet. Earlier this season, against easier competition, Ejim showed a back to the hoop game he didn't have last year. That to me shows his game is still developing and he has opportunity at the three. Versatility is the key for all three. It may come down to continued development on shooting the NBA three. This will help them can generate spacing for the stars to work in.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron