JUCO question

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISUfan1992

Jun 11, 2012
Boone IA
This is probably gonna end up being a really obvious answer but i was just wondering with all the JUCO commits we are getting will they be starters or what?

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
This is probably gonna end up being a really obvious answer but i was just wondering with all the JUCO commits we are getting will they be starters or what?

If it's a position with an obvious hole such as safety, middle linebacker, or defensive end my guess is they'll have every chance to compete for that job. Most JUCOs who come in are expected to compete right away.

Reactions: Aclone

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
They have to prove themselves first, just like any other player. We won't know for a while. The new JUCO OL may not get a chance to start based on who we have returning, but it is too early to tell. I would imagine one of the safeties (maybe even both) would have the best shot at a starting job.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
If the Juco doesn't start, you hope he's upstaged by a real standout young guy we didn't see coming...such as Farniok, over whoever that JUCO center was a few years back.

Rhoads has really nailed it with Jucos over the years. I might be way off, but it seems more pan out than not.

If someone is really bored and wants to compile a list of JUCO commits the last 5 years, I won't be mad. I seem to recall that Darius Reynolds didn't commit to ISU until after Rhoads took the job.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
If the Juco doesn't start, you hope he's upstaged by a real standout young guy we didn't see coming...such as Farniok, over whoever that JUCO center was a few years back.

Rhoads has really nailed it with Jucos over the years. I might be way off, but it seems more pan out than not.

If someone is really bored and wants to compile a list of JUCO commits the last 5 years, I won't be mad. I seem to recall that Darius Reynolds didn't commit to ISU until after Rhoads took the job.

Sam Tuatolo (sp?) was the center. He was one of the few who didn't pan out.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Bibbs, Coe, Wimberly

Morrisey, Stokes

Brun, Horne, Steele, Simon, Tautolo

Gary, Givens, Howard, Anthony Young, Chris Young, Hollis?

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
They have to prove themselves first, just like any other player. We won't know for a while. The new JUCO OL may not get a chance to start based on who we have returning, but it is too early to tell. I would imagine one of the safeties (maybe even both) would have the best shot at a starting job.

I disagree. He's playing Guard, a spot where we are very young and (Omoile anyways) undersized. I think he has every chance to start. He's huge, and can move. Burton played well but again was young. It definitely will at least give us depth at a position where depth is very important.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I disagree. He's playing Guard, a spot where we are very young and (Omoile anyways) undersized. I think he has every chance to start. He's huge, and can move. Burton played well but again was young. It definitely will at least give us depth at a position where depth is very important.
Wimberly could hide behind the new 330 pound recruit forever.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Bibbs, Coe, Wimberly

Morrisey, Stokes

Brun, Horne, Steele, Simon, Tautolo

Gary, Givens, Howard, Anthony Young, Chris Young

Bolded guys who were/have been productive imo.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM

Oh, ok. I thought he was a tackle for some reason. Thanks for clearing that up. Yes, at guard he would have a good shot at starting.