BYU Emailed Pollard

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Do people really have nothing better to do?

Here's his reply

Jamie Pollard said:
Thank you for your email. We do share your disappointment in one of our players for making an emotional and uncharacteristic gesture to the BYU student section. The player that made the gesture apologized, on his own volition, immediately following the game during our post-game press conference. Unfortunately college athletics can bring out the best and worse in student-athletes, coaches and crowds. Last night was a very good basketball game in front of a very vocal and intimidating environment. The game included a lot of drama and emotion exhibited by both teams and fans.

Unfortunately one of our players, who is also one of the best student-athlete representatives that I have been involved in during my 24 years of working in college athletics (he is a scholar athletes,, a leader in our student-athlete captain’s council, and one of the most polite and courteous student-athletes I have ever met) lost his composure for a brief second near the end of the game. Although we do not condone that type of behavior, I also compare it to what many college coaches get away with during the game when they berate officials and behave like immature children on the sidelines. Unfortunately fan bases around the country have grown to accept that has normal, if not, desired behavior (fortunately neither coach last night behaves in that manner). However, when one student-athlete makes a bad decision in the heat of the battle, everyone wants to make a bigger deal out of it than is probably warranted.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts. No one is perfect. Imperfection is human nature - how one responds when they are imperfect is what makes them a true perfect person.

Thanks again for your email.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Can't blame them for emailing. They're just following the protocol laid out on this site. ****** off about something? Email Pollard.

Reactions: CyBobby

CyOps

Jul 12, 2010
Lincoln
Um, when he is talking about coaches berating officials I felt like he was referencing a different sport.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
How did you get this? How can I be sure you didn't e-mail Pollard and this was his response to you?

:unsure:

Clone1138

Apr 18, 2013
Central Iowa
I don't think I've ever seen a whinier bunch of butthurt fans ever. At that's saying a lot after some of the teams we've played. (BTW, if someone wants to cross out 'whinier', replace it with 'whiter' and then add FIFY - go right ahead)

Reactions: necromancy

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Um, when he is talking about coaches berating officials I felt like he was referencing a different sport.

2003-04-28-eustachy-inside.jpg

1Nation

May 16, 2013
CA
Oh man that is just a fantastic response from JP. "Thanks for your concern, now go eff yourself, we're good".

You know JP and Hoiberg are sharing some laughs with this one over morning coffee. (I mean they do share morning coffee right?)

Reactions: Acylum

CycloneGB

Jul 20, 2010
Can't blame them for emailing. They're just following the protocol laid out on this site. ****** off about something? Email Pollard.

From now on, if I have any sort of problem, I'm emailing BYU.

isuforlife

Sep 6, 2007
What a bunch of **** heads no wonder they can have so many wife's no one woman could put up with thme