SI Power Rankings

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Didn't really care for the insinuation that Kane's eye gouge was on purpose, but otherwise good stuff.

1Nation

May 16, 2013
CA
Someone tweet to RV? Let's just keep reminding him how high we're climbing in the eyes of the national media. Constant Coverage. Constant props for Hoiball. #AllWeDoIsEat

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
That picture makes the eye gouge look a lot worse than it was. It already looked bad enough in slow-motion, but I really don't think it was intentional. He was clearly trying to foul him, but didn't expect his face to be where his arms and the ball should have been

1Nation

May 16, 2013
CA
Hell...someone tweet to all the recruits. Illikainen, Davis, Cunningham, Diallo...all of em!

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
That picture makes the eye gouge look a lot worse than it was. It already looked bad enough in slow-motion, but I really don't think it was intentional. He was clearly trying to foul him, but didn't expect his face to be where his arms and the ball should have been

Exactly. Drago committed what I always thought was a cardinal sin for post players, he had the ball down low in the paint. Kane wasn't expecting that at all, cause obviously the better play would be to grab the ball down low and strip it, which we had done several times with their other big guy. He turned and hands went where he thought ball would be and Drago moved forward at same time.

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Please, no. We have enough creeps on twitter the way it is. If they are considering iowa state, I hope thy are aware of the games we play and the results. Let me mayor recruit.

timappelgate

Apr 9, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
I was looking for an update to Mika and found this. The picture does show how bad Kane got him, but I don't believe he meant to do that. In motion it appeared he expected the ball to come up, and instead Mika leaned into it. But this still image is firing people up, as it appears to be a blatant move by Kane. Mika Eye Injury Update • BYU Basketball • CougarCorner

Love the post about Kane being banned for life and Mika should file a civil suit against Kane. Wow.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Exactly. Drago committed what I always thought was a cardinal sin for post players, he had the ball down low in the paint. Kane wasn't expecting that at all, cause obviously the better play would be to grab the ball down low and strip it, which we had done several times with their other big guy. He turned and hands went where he thought ball would be and Drago moved forward at same time.

Did anyone else say or think this when it happened?

"The Russian is cut!"

ManBearClone

Apr 29, 2010
I'm sure he was under orders to make sure Mika didn't get a shot off and to send him to the line with a hard foul as a 60% shooter. Common basketball sense. Just so happened Mika hesitated slightly and Kane hit his face. Not a concussion causing blow for which the rule was designed for but an inadvertent eye gouge. A single frame from a video cannot tell the whole story. If players had that kind of aim you'd have a lot more steals and very few hacks across the arms.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
That's the way I saw it when it happened. That still picture has to be taken in the context of what was going on before and what Kane was anticipating. It clearly wasn't intentional.