Starcevich would be a lot QB than Rohack if he was on campus

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
Starcevich would be a lot better QB than Rohach if he was on campus

I saw the kid play and I realize it was high school but he had a lot better accuracy than Rohach. He hit WR's in stride and made good decisions, and I believe Lanning in high school said he wished he had the arm Starcevich had . I realize Grant is young but I have not seen any QB at ISU have the accuracy problems he has.

Last edited:

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
I saw the kid play and I realize it was high school but he had a lot better accuracy than Rohach. He hit WR's in stride and made good decisions, and I believe Lanning in high school said he wished he had the arm Starcevich had . I realize Grant is young but I have not seen any QB at ISU have the accuracy problems he has.
Except every ISU QB in the history of forever.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas

all of our Qb's look good until they get to ISU. Rohach, Hodges, Richardson, etc. all looked great in highschool. ISU ruins them with either coaching, or poor talent surrounding them.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008

You contradict your own argument. Secondly, Starcevich is a walk on, I doubt he will ever beat out our 4 scholarship QBs plus Creekmur. Great kid I'm sure and good work ethic but I highly highly doubt he ever sees the field as a walk-on at QB. He had no division I offers out of high school, at least the kids we have now had offers. Give them time to develop. Also, Grant has been playing since Baylor and has shown zero improvement.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Played against Starcevich in high school. Good quarterback, but not as accurate. I can't see him getting much PT at Iowa State. I think Lanning (best QB I've played against) will be our guy in a year or two.

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities

Except every ISU QB in the history of forever.

David Archer was pretty good.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
all of our Qb's look good until they get to ISU. Rohach, Hodges, Richardson, etc. all looked great in highschool. ISU ruins them with either coaching, or poor talent surrounding them.

Maybe that and the fact the D1 college football is a step up from high school ball.

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
You contradict your own argument. Secondly, Starcevich is a walk on, I doubt he will ever beat out our 4 scholarship QBs plus Creekmur. Great kid I'm sure and good work ethic but I highly highly doubt he ever sees the field as a walk-on at QB. He had no division I offers out of high school, at least the kids we have now had offers. Give them time to develop. Also, Grant has been playing since Baylor and has shown zero improvement.
Isnt the starting QB at TTU a walk on freshman?

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
the only reason he didn't have offers out of high school was two ACLs, and maybe that will never fully heal. Iowa was pretty interested until the first ACL. Maybe one of the other scholarship QB's will be good players but its just frustrating seeing Rohach throw terrible balls so I was comparing how a grey shirt/walk on would be better.

I did see Lanning and Starcevich both, unless its just because you want a running QB it wasn't even close who was a better passer, and I am not critizing Lanning because he was a great player but think he may be better at another position in colllege.

The guy that said he played against him and said he was an inaccurate passer is either a one game abberation or bad analysis. I saw him several times and that definitely didn't describe him.