If you had to pick one..

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
If we managed to upset OU I think it could easily give us enough momentum to win last 2 games. 4-8 record is not much worse than most of us thought going into season. If we get thrashed Saturday by OU I think we struggle to win either of our last two. ISU will be KU's super bowl this year. I don't think one game will save anybody's job.

InAWord

Nov 16, 2010
If beating OU meant losing to Michigan how could anyone pick the football team? After the season we have been given, why would I wish bad things on the basketball team for the sake of football? Hoiberg deserves a big win.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Here’s one. Would you rather have ISU go to the final four, or win 11 games in football?

Hmmm. That is a good question. I guess it depends how good we actually are with those 11 wins. Is the Big 12 in a down year or is it as strong as it's been in years past?

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Michigan and it isn't even close. Football has been in my rearview mirrors for a while now. Pretty sure the only football threads I have clicked on in the last 3 weeks were the Irving arrest thread (to see what he did to get arrested) and the Will you watch Saturday? thread.

You could argue that the Michigan game is the biggest game Fred Hoiberg has ever had here. RV in the house, if he commits he would be the final piece to the puzzle of a team that could do some big, big things in 2014-2015. On the other hand you have our stellar football team trying to get win number 2. Not bowl eligibility, not a conference championship, but their second win of the season. OU game means nothing. imo

Someone is missing out on the Season in GIFs thread. You'll regret every day you live until you look at it. Trust me.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Someone is missing out on the Season in GIFs thread. You'll regret every day you live until you look at it. Trust me.
Ok you got me. I do remember looking at that one the day it was posted. The gif with the little kid trying to kick the ball but eventually falling on his *** had me rolling!

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
OU, only 3 football games left. The BB team will have many other opportunities to get wins.

Clone1138

Apr 18, 2013
Central Iowa
I would absolutely say the opposite. I think the Michigan game with where our program is at would help tremendously, the Oklahoma game can't do anything for the football program at this point, other than maybe save a coordinators job, which I don't want to see happen. We've had a signature win in football the last several years, and as made apparent by this years team, it hasn't done much for the program as a whole.

I think a win over Michigan on ESPN, on a national stage, with 22-23 NBA scouts in attendance (the most in Hilton history), 5+ recruits in attendance, and **** V in tow, would be great press. The Michigan game legitimizes this season early and instead of being a bubble team at the end of the year, we have a shot at "Lock" status meaning we can get out of those dreadful 7-10 & 8-9 matchups (with a 1/2 seed looming). Also with the way Morris is talking about the game a lot of his hometown and his high school in Michigan is going to be dressed up in Cyclone gear watching the game. What better way to draw more recruits from Michigan?

Vaughn was impressed with Hilton Magic last year, why not 2 years in a row?

^This.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
The right choice is Michigan. Even the OP knows it is the right choice because this thread is in the basketball forum, not the football forum.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Michigan, because RV will be in Hilton. Sure his decision is based on much more than the outcome of one game, but it cannot hurt. Given the football season thus far, ISU losing at OU also cannot hurt.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Michigan. All beating OU in Norman does is to help convince CPR that he maybe he doesn't need to make some big changes this offseason.

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
Can you imagine the weekend and this board come Sunday evening if we win both on last plays?

That's what my psychic told me would happen. That and I really need to send some money to her cousin in Nigeria.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
If we managed to upset OU I think it could easily give us enough momentum to win last 2 games. 4-8 record is not much worse than most of us thought going into season. If we get thrashed Saturday by OU I think we struggle to win either of our last two. ISU will be KU's super bowl this year. I don't think one game will save anybody's job.

While this is true and it meets the standard for "down year" rather than "abysmal dumpster fire" it's not happening. It's much more likely we lose out than win out.

The OP answer is Michigan and it's not close.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
I think hoiball will have plenty of chances to shine this year.
As for FB, we just can't afford a one win season. That is a HUGE negative on the program. I think changes will come no matter if we win at OU. Winning there would not be because of anything we do but what OU cannot do or OU mistakes.
That being said, a win over Mich gives the young kids on the team instant confidence and could be a tone setter for the rest of the year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron