RECRUITING: OV's for Nov. 9 weekend

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Tarow Barney? I am starting to think the staff puts a premium on guys with cool names.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Is TCU recruiting Lee-Campbell as a quarterback? Are we?

Surely we are, because someone has to replace Hodge, after he replaces Lanning, after he replaces Rohach.

Rhoads said in the call in show that they couldn't talk about specific recruits, but there is one QB they are recruiting that they are excited about and it sounded like it was the only QB we were currently recruiting.

That is Lee-Campbell.

Not sure about TCU though.

CRAZYGREG

Feb 29, 2008
Des Moines
Rhoads said in the call in show that they couldn't talk about specific recruits, but there is one QB they are recruiting that they are excited about and it sounded like it was the only QB we were currently recruiting.

That is Lee-Campbell.

Not sure about TCU though.

Rhoads has said every year that they are excited about a QB that they are recruiting. CPR is all talk and smoke and mirrors.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Rhoads has said every year that they are excited about a QB that they are recruiting. CPR is all talk and smoke and mirrors.

what else is he gonna say? "yea we're recruiting a kid, he's alright i guess, meh"

I hope Rhoads and staff is excited about every kid they're recruiting.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

Oh BS. If anything he is honest to a fault. Definitely a straight shooter.

CRAZYGREG

Feb 29, 2008
Des Moines
Oh BS. If anything he is honest to a fault. Definitely a straight shooter.

I am just saying - CPR was REALLY excited about Jantz... REALLY excited about Barnett... REALLY excited about SR... REALLY excited about GR.
He says the same thing every year. He is just trying to sell something to the fans. He did not have to say anything about a QB. He was asked a question and said he can not talk specifics BUT he mentions a QB. Strange since the QB is the main gripe of most fans for the past 3/4 years.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I am just saying - CPR was REALLY excited about Jantz... REALLY excited about Barnett... REALLY excited about SR... REALLY excited about GR.
He says the same thing every year. He is just trying to sell something to the fans. He did not have to say anything about a QB. He was asked a question and said he can not talk specifics BUT he mentions a QB. Strange since the QB is the main gripe of most fans for the past 3/4 years.
Wow, you mean he is like every other coach that get's excited about the players he lands? Weird.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008

Yep because if I'm Jantz, Barnett, Richardson, Rohach and my coach comes out and says "listen fans, we got these QBs coming to Ames and they are going to be pretty mediocre, I'm not that excited about them signing here and wish I had someone better so you guys shouldn't be excited either." I'd question by commitment and never step foot on this campus.

Rhoads praises everyone who wants to be here and rightfully so

Brad4Cyclones

Dec 13, 2011
Just like crazygreg *****. The true colors of some fans are showing right now and they are complaining/******** about anything and everything.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA

Barnett has some of the biggest wins in school history. Jantz had some good wins too. It is WAY too early to tell on Richardson and Rohach. You might want to find better examples, if there are any.

CRAZYGREG

Feb 29, 2008
Des Moines
Yep because if I'm Jantz, Barnett, Richardson, Rohach and my coach comes out and says "listen fans, we got these QBs coming to Ames and they are going to be pretty mediocre, I'm not that excited about them signing here and wish I had someone better so you guys shouldn't be excited either." I'd question by commitment and never step foot on this campus.

Rhoads praises everyone who wants to be here and rightfully so

You are all missing the point. He does not have to say that he is excited about anyone. I am saying that he makes a public display to say that he is excited about his QBs. I noticed above that we have a TE committed. Why did he not say that there is a TE that he is really excited about.

CRAZYGREG

Feb 29, 2008
Des Moines
Barnett has some of the biggest wins in school history. Jantz had some good wins too. It is WAY too early to tell on Richardson and Rohach. You might want to find better examples, if there are any.

you don't even want to look at the records of those QBs... It is not pretty.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
SR beat KU.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
With recruits in...pray that CPR and staff can keep it within 20 and avoid the mass exodus in the late 2nd quarter.

Keep some excitement going...

Last edited:

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
You are all missing the point. He does not have to say that he is excited about anyone. I am saying that he makes a public display to say that he is excited about his QBs. I noticed above that we have a TE committed. Why did he not say that there is a TE that he is really excited about.

You can slant it however you want, but my guess is that since the statement you are originally referring to was made during a call in show, that either the host or caller asked a specific question regarding QB recruiting. Just a hunch...