Ben Brun' s remarks before the game

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Not sure if anybody else heard his comment before the game but thought it was worth a mention regarding recruits reading these posts. He talked about Jake Campos and the things he read on the Tiger's board similar to CF and how it does play a part on where some of these guys end up. He wanted everyone to know to TRY to be a little careful on what we all say. Makes sense since I think it was Tribune that had 2nd thoughts on some remark s made about him. Thought I would just pass that on.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Yeah. Most of us on here have no idea the dedication and hard work these guys put in each and every day. To any recruit reading this, please know we are just bitter when we lose because we love our team in a way few fan bases do.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
Not sure if anybody else heard his comment before the game but thought it was worth a mention regarding recruits reading these posts. He talked about Jake Campos and the things he read on the Tiger's board similar to CF and how it does play a part on where some of these guys end up. He wanted everyone to know to TRY to be a little careful on what we all say. Makes sense since I think it was Tribune that had 2nd thoughts on some remark s made about him. Thought I would just pass that on.

Maybe we should worry more about winning than what is said on a message board.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Was just about to make a thread on this. Thank you for pointing it out.

Building off of what he said - times are a changin, and message boards are a very new recruiting method that could definitely make or break where a kid goes.

While I think there are positives (how can Rashad Vaughn not laugh at our avatars and understand this school wants him more than any other school?) there are also big time negatives. And the negatives definitely outweigh the positives.

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny
Amen. Modern day technology can be a curse. It's easy to say things when you sit behind a keyboard. If you had to look a player or coach in the eye, you would probably change how you would say things, but perhaps still get your point across.

cowboycurtis

Jul 20, 2006
After the game he said the 1-10 team he was on would have scored 21 on this KSU team. So what kind of message does that send?

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I'm sure our message board and Mizzou's are the only ones with members who express frustration when their programs flounder to the extent that ISU football is right now.

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
Everyone here WANTS ISU to be SUCCESSFUL.

I think most of us are as passionate about ISU as CPR is in his locker room speeches, but some here have a lot of time & money invested in this program and expect to see some results that are better than what we've been seeing recently.

I would hope that potential recruits of ISU would be able to make a decision that they can help build a successful program with some of the finest facilities around (thanks to previously mentioned invested $$$).

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
This is idiotic. There is no fanbase that is going to be 1-7, and staring 1-11 and 0-9 in the face, and not melting down about it. In fact, i think that would be even worse, as the only thing worse than anger and melting down is apathy. We started to see that at the end of the mcdermott era. At least right now a recruit can see we give 2 ***** about the program.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Everyone here WANTS ISU to be SUCCESSFUL.

I think most of us are as passionate about ISU as CPR is in his locker room speeches, but some here have a lot of time & money invested in this program and expect to see some results that are better than what we've been seeing recently.

I would hope that potential recruits of ISU would be able to make a decision that they can help build a successful program with some of the finest facilities around (thanks to previously mentioned invested $$$).

Then express frustration constructively instead of crying like a big baby and callimg for everyone to be fired. Everyone can act like an adult.

(I'm not calling you out)

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
This is idiotic. There is no fanbase that is going to be 1-7, and staring 1-11 and 0-9 in the face, and not melting down about it. In fact, i think that would be even worse, as the only thing worse than anger and melting down is apathy. We started to see that at the end of the mcdermott era. At least right now a recruit can see we give 2 ***** about the program.

Doesn't make it right.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
We should have some Mods watching for post that may discourage recruits, or just shut down the message boards.....just a thought.

un.jpg

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
1-7 and losing 41-7 against a bad KSU team is far worse for recruiting than critical fans.

Except for when fans rip on a player who is busting his *** to make ISU better. Keep in mind, we lost Tribune for a period of time because of the posts about him.

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
A. Yellow journalism

2. Unless somebody is writing "War of the World" like fan fiction here that could be read as true by recruits, I'm not sure asking people to suppress their opinions is the right route.

III. This is 'merica

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Doesn't make it right.

It makes it not wrong.

Fans invest a ******** in the program. They are continually asked to do more. Theyve earned the right to ***** when the program doesnt deliver.