Ben Brun' s remarks before the game

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
Actually, what Brunsie said was that part of the reason Campos decommitted from Missouri was that he was worried that Pinked ("Pickle") would be fired, based on what the message boards were saying.

Given how people are attacking not just the OC, but CPR himself now, can you see how potential recruits might have the same concern?

By the way...after their bad year last year, how is Missouri doing now?

How bout CPR wins?

Fans shouldn't pretend to be happy about a 1-7 season.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
How bout CPR wins?

Fans shouldn't pretend to be happy about a 1-7 season.

I'm sorry....who's "pretending to be happy"--or asking you to be?

What the OP (and Bruns, and me, I suppose) are asking, is that people not be so destructive. Is that really so much to ask?

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
I'm sorry....who's "pretending to be happy"--or asking you to be?

What the OP (and Bruns, and me, I suppose) are asking, is that people not be so destructive. Is that really so much to ask?

I am going to criticize a coach who makes millions and can't win more than one game. So are a lot of other people.

LegendofRodA

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2011
Des Moines
I am going to criticize a coach who makes millions and can't win more than one game. So are a lot of other people.

You seem to be using the "other people are doing it too" excuse to defend your opinion. Which to me is often a sign of someone who knows they are wrong but can't admit or accept it.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
You seem to be using the "other people are doing it too" excuse to defend your opinion. Which to me is often a sign of someone who knows they are wrong but can't admit or accept it.

What opinion? That I'm not happy with a 1-7 season and think there needs to be an overhaul on offense, and if CPR is not willing to do it, he needs to go?

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
After the game he said the 1-10 team he was on would have scored 21 on this KSU team. So what kind of message does that send?

I love Ben Bruns and his role in the radio broadcasts but...The Past always looks better than the present esp. in this kind of a lousy season.

I also remember that team, 1997 as I remember, and it too was really bad on offense with the only win being inside JTS against a worse than us Baylor team.

I also think that neither Richardson or Rohach will start next season, for some reason I think that PR will start Joel Lanning....What have we got to lose, neither one of these guys can complete a pass in a supposed passing offense.

My advice: Keep The Faith and Pray that we can beat TCU and KU...Go Cyclones lets beat the Frogs!

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
You know, this topic in itself is fascinating. Think about Bruns, when he was recruited and went to ISU, there wasn't social media and message boards were far from big. It'd be interesting to actually do a study on "influence of school choice" to gather data. Twitter has been brought up....before that, no casual fan could have contact with a recruit unless they wrote a letter/phone/email type of thing.

As others have said, I'm sure that every school's message boards have the ups/downs and rail on players/coaches and the recruits have to take it with a grain of salt. I do know from speaking to many of our current players, a big factor they choose ISU and like ISU is the welcoming atmosphere (which is meant in person, not online).

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
One win should get the ire going. Maybe next time we play UNI, we will take the game more seriously. Our team looked like they were going to a picnic the first half and that set the tone for the season. Need to be more active on the first plays of the game.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
What opinion? That I'm not happy with a 1-7 season and think there needs to be an overhaul on offense, and if CPR is not willing to do it, he needs to go?

No problem if people question a coach, I thought Bruns was referring to attacking a player. While these guys are on scholarship, they are not paid professionals.

Then again I see adults jump all over kids during baseball games played by 10, 11 and 12 year olds if they strike out or make an error, so I guess in this day an age college players should expect even worse.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron