Are we far enough along to evaluate Yancy McKnight?

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
I haven't been too impressed. Our team is plagued with injuries and seem to be less physical than every squad we play.

Development

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I think we start games too slow and need more on field passion. We are more like troops going to work than sellout players. These three and outs at the start are killing the passion of the game. The defense eventually breaks down and the game starts to slip away. We really need to come out playing hard on the first play from now on. Perhaps this is a reflection of team leadership, perhaps not. We need Leonard Johnson and Sims type passion. Even CPR looks too calm at the start.

Cyballz

Aug 20, 2009
I think we start games too slow and need more on field passion. We are more like troops going to work than sellout players. These three and outs at the start are killing the passion of the game. The defense eventually breaks down and the game starts to slip away. We really need to come out playing hard on the first play from now on. Perhaps this is a reflection of team leadership, perhaps not. We need Leonard Johnson and Sims type passion. Even CPR looks too calm at the start.

LET'S GET MAD AGAIN!!!!!!!

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I would bet 1% of the folks on this board are remotely qualified to have an opinion about this. I know I sure as hell have no way to know if he's doing a good job or not.

Offensive production, defensive lapses, et al, sure you can see the end result and assess a lot to the coaching. But strength training? Injuries can't be a good measurement of that. I have no idea what would be.

TXN4CY

Sep 26, 2013
Earth
I can assure you Yancy McKnight is not the problem. He's probably the furthest thing from the problem

isuforlife

Sep 6, 2007
well our players do get push around , maybe they need to spend more time in the weight room , we have a great facility

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
Yancy is not the problem, the problem is we are having to play waaaayyy too many underclassmen when they aren't physically or mentally ready to play. And this leads to injury and a 1-6 season.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I can assure you Yancy McKnight is not the problem. He's probably the furthest thing from the problem
Olinemen that have been in Yancy's program their entire college career getting destroyed by UNI's Dline. Furthest thing from the problem? Sure, right, whatever.

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
Yeah Yancy sucks b/c a team of fr and so are getting hurt and haven't bulked up. He should for sure be fired.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
I would bet 1% of the folks on this board are remotely qualified to have an opinion about this. I know I sure as hell have no way to know if he's doing a good job or not.

Offensive production, defensive lapses, et al, sure you can see the end result and assess a lot to the coaching. But strength training? Injuries can't be a good measurement of that. I have no idea what would be.

I would evaluate a S&C coach based how how tough physically the players are. We have been abused up front by guys half our players weight, telling me pound for pound even UNI has stronger men, physically, up front.

Primetime26

Sep 7, 2012

YEAH! Yancy cant be the problem because you read too much into an article about treadmills!!

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009

How bad did we get manhadled up front by UNI, Iowa, Oklahoma State? Now wait till this Saturday... We will again see where we at against similar players. Run defense is big indicator of strength.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
Just curious, what were the ages of the DL's for those schools? was it RS jr's and seniors going against our RS fresh and sophmores? Man against boys? I don't care how good of a strength training program we have, putting a 19 or 20 year old kid up against a 22 or 23 year old man is going to not result in positive results too often.

If the ages though were equal, then we are getting flat out whipped.

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
No problems with how the skill position players have developed or most of the defense.

The offensive line is worked too much to put on good weight, and I don't care how tall you are but you aren't going to get push at 280 or 290 pounds.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Olinemen that have been in Yancy's program their entire college career getting destroyed by UNI's Dline. Furthest thing from the problem? Sure, right, whatever.

Granted it shouldn't happen, but UNI actually has some really cool stuff going on in their S&C department and also in their Athletic Training/Athlete Health department. The strength programs were really designed to take these guys that are smaller and might have been passed over by schools like ISU and Iowa, and give them some sort of advantage over those players. In many cases, this is speed. I might be smaller, but if I use correct technique and I hit you first because I'm faster, I'm going to win even if your muscles are bigger.