courtney messingham, can we fire him now?

Tedcyclone

Oct 27, 2009
West Des Moines
power football = puke

not if done right... Stanford, Iowa, Old Nebraska, Minn last 2 weeks... they all pass for the same amount of yards we do per game, and WIN... so if winning equals puke, then sign me up. Oklahoma this year... You dont have to be power all the time. Like I said, it should change per week. In todays game you need to be able to make your offense fit your personal, and your opponents every week. Three tightends this week, 5 wide next week, etc... You do what works.. Or you do what we do and lose - trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
not if done right... Stanford, Iowa, Old Nebraska, Minn last 2 weeks... they all pass for the same amount of yards we do per game, and WIN... so if winning equals puke, then sign me up. Oklahoma this year... You dont have to be power all the time. Like I said, it should change per week. In todays game you need to be able to make your offense fit your personal, and your opponents every week. Three tightends this week, 5 wide next week, etc... You do what works.. Or you do what we do and lose - trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

I watched Iowa vs OSU and if we run that offense I will never come to another game again.

GWad

Aug 22, 2013
agreed... the entire scheme needs a huge make over and that should start now... I want power football, with lots of play action... sometimes under center, sometimes not... run 50 times one game, pass 50 times the next week. Please, i beg you.
This means you want a new Head Coach,................ me too!!!

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
Why because 3 TE's and 2 RB's doesn't interest me at all?

Pretty tough for some to reconcile this threat:

I watched Iowa vs OSU and if we run that offense I will never come to another game again.

with the supposed sentiment from this thread of yours: http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/football/177876-got-love-our-football-fans.html

Kind of amazing that the fans are apparently more loyal than a "former player."

Maybe you should think about that support you loved "riding on the team bus on University (Elwood) and seeing the tailgaters partying before the game, it gave me chills."

I would think you should know better than most. Players should have fan support no matter the scheme/coaching decisions. It's not like there weren't things that ****** off fans when you played.

1-6 football probably doesn't interest most either, but they still showed. Nobody will care about what the scheme is, so long as it wins games

Last edited:

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
I'm impressed with the variety of things people are arguing about tonight. All the normal stuff has been covered, with some wild card topics thrown in. Good work CF.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Pretty tough for some to reconcile this threat:

with the supposed sentiment from this thread of yours: http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/football/177876-got-love-our-football-fans.html

Kind of amazing that the fans are apparently more loyal than a "former player."

Maybe you should think about that support you loved "riding on the team bus on University (Elwood) and seeing the tailgaters partying before the game, it gave me chills."

I would think you should know better than most. Players should have fan support no matter the scheme/coaching decisions. It's not like there weren't things that ****** off fans when you played.

1-6 football probably doesn't interest most either, but they still showed. Nobody will care about what the scheme is, so long as it wins games

Say what you want, it doesn't matter I was expressing my opinion that after watching the Iowa/OSU game and watching Iowa run 3 TE sets, run power to the right, run power to the left, throw a bootleg pass the one of the TE's. I was not entertained, thought it was boring and would not want to watch that every week. If I wanted to watch that I am sure there are plenty of pee wee football games were I could go watch.

Last edited:

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Say what you want, it doesn't matter I was expressing my opinion that after watching the Iowa/OSU game and watching Iowa run 3 TE sets, run power to the right, run power to the left, throw a bootleg pass the one of the TE's. I was not entertained, thought it was boring and would not want to watch that every week. If I wanted to watch that I am sure there are plenty of pee wee football games were I could go watch.

What if that was the best chance ISU had to win?

Last edited:

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

Yeah because watching a team line up and punch a team with much better talent in the mouth and go on 7 minute, 80 yard drives sure would suck.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
It was boring. It was like waiting in the Walmart checkout line.