courtney messingham, can we fire him now?

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I guarantee you we will hear the injury excuses from the coaches. Sam got hurt. Knott was out. Wimberly was out. And so on.

They've been using that excuse all year long. I'm beginning to wonder if we're now holding guys out on purpose so we can use that excuse?

Injuries is not an excuse it is REALITY.

Riddle me this, if Niang, Ejim and Kane were to all get hurt and the BB season go down the tube, would you call for FH to fire coaches and say he is using injuries as an excuse?

Fact is no other team in the college football has had a different starting offensive line for every game they played and if they did they wouldn't be winning much either. So it is not an excuse it is what is happening.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009

Riddle me this, if Niang, Ejim and Kane were to all get hurt and the BB season go down the tube, would you call for FH to fire coaches and say he is using injuries as an excuse?

Fact is no other team in the college football has had a different starting offensive line for every game they played and if they did they wouldn't be winning much either. So it is not an excuse it is what is happening.
Curt as a former player I love your opinion but this team is just aweful. It's not just an offensive line issue. Teams have learned how to attack our offense and penetrate our Wally Burnham coached defense.

Last edited:

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there

Pull your head out of your ***. This is not based on one year or a few positions being sub-par due to injury.

Reactions: Clonefan94

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

What about last year? And the year before? And before that?

There IS a trend and it mostly points to offense. We may have (or NOT as I always discount when someone says "fact is...") an indordinate amount of injuries, but every team does. We have the same number of scholarship players. We have the same recruiting seasons. We have the same number of official visits. Exact same date and time on signing day.

From a global view I can SORTA see what MAY be down the road with Wimberely (if he survives), QB, TE, and some of the OL but really tough to see this being a breakout type of team in the near term.

Honestly at this point I'd give my left danglebob to just be average.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006

Yes, if the football team lost 60% of its starters I would cut them a break.

Spam

May 21, 2008
The injuries excuse is nothing but an excuse when teams score 70 on you. Or when UNI beats us. There's something wrong with the program right now. I don't know if it's the head coach, or the offensive coordinator, or recruiting, or play calling. But it's more than injuries.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Injuries is not an excuse it is REALITY.Riddle me this, if Niang, Ejim and Kane were to all get hurt and the BB season go down the tube, would you call for FH to fire coaches and say he is using injuries as an excuse?Fact is no other team in the college football has had a different starting offensive line for every game they played and if they did they wouldn't be winning much either. So it is not an excuse it is what is happening.
That's not a good comparison....Football has 6 times more people so depth should be built up. Basketball doesn't have that luxury. If you made a comparison to the Kansas City Chiefs, I could have seen that.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Courtney is playing for first pick in the draft. Boy, won't he be shocked at the end of the season.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
What about last year? And the year before? And before that?

There IS a trend and it mostly points to offense. We may have (or NOT as I always discount when someone says "fact is...") an indordinate amount of injuries, but every team does. We have the same number of scholarship players. We have the same recruiting seasons. We have the same number of official visits. Exact same date and time on signing day.

From a global view I can SORTA see what MAY be down the road with Wimberely (if he survives), QB, TE, and some of the OL but really tough to see this being a breakout type of team in the near term.

Honestly at this point I'd give my left danglebob to just be average.

what about last year? Well we went to a Bowl Game right, maybe I went to watch a different ISU in Memphis.

what about the year before and the year before that? Well Mess wasn't the OC Herman was so why do you even bring these years up?

In talking to a very prominant recruits dad today he indicated that he believes this year is an aberation, next year will be better and the year after that will be really good. Why you say? Well in 2 years all the young (RS fresh & sophs) playing now on the OL, DL and WR positions will be Jr and Sr's, plus you sprinkle in the guys redshirting currently and the big time guys coming next year I think he has a good point.

Injuries aren't an excuse it is what is hurting this team because there is no continuity on O or D. Look at the D, today we were without Willy and Luke, two good players for us. We have been without Jansen for a couple games. It is hard to build cohesion and trust amongst the players when it is new players in there all the time. What this does is slows players down and make them have to think they need to cover for the new guy in case the new guy doesn't play his assignment.

Tedcyclone

Oct 27, 2009
West Des Moines
The OC is a complete failure. A change needs to be made immediately

agreed... the entire scheme needs a huge make over and that should start now... I want power football, with lots of play action... sometimes under center, sometimes not... run 50 times one game, pass 50 times the next week. Please, i beg you.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
agreed... the entire scheme needs a huge make over and that should start now... I want power football, with lots of play action... sometimes under center, sometimes not... run 50 times one game, pass 50 times the next week. Please, i beg you.

power football = puke

hoopitup

Feb 8, 2012
West Des Moines
I'm calling in on Monday telling CPR that if he doesn't do something drastic in the off season with his coaching staff, namely Mess, he is going to start losing fan support and buildup for recruiting of both players and fans. This offense cannot sustain drives that will be successful in the B12, while the D does well but can only carry so much of the weight. I love the guy but his head is so far up his *** right now.

I look forward to hearing you tell CPR this and look forward even more to his response.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Remember, Courtney makes $300k per year to do this. He needs to be fired. I could do just as good, and they can pay me $250k per year. I promise not to throw the QB under the bus either.