Big 12 Publicly Reprimands Rhoads

Clone96

Nov 14, 2006
Parts Unknown
But on the bright side, we will get to see Aaron Colvin and Gabe Lynn separate Mike Davis' head from his body next week..

P.S. Rhoads comments? IT WAS WORTH IT!!

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Conference rules that prohibit coaches, student-athletes, athletic department staff and university personnel from making public comments about game officials,”

What did he say about game officials? He inferred that something was taken away from his players by someone but never said the refs were bad or the reason directly. I thought he danced around that rule all the while being as passionate and classy in a rant the whole world knew what he was talking about. Fact is if the refs are that bad you don't need to say it directly, everyone knows, that isn't his fault. This ticks me off. Gotta keep Boss Deloss happy though.

This is what I was thinking. He actually used very good words, never directly saying the refs stole the game from us. IMO, if I am Pollard I go back to them (not publicly) and ask where a reprimand is coming from at all since he never said it was the ref's fault. All he did was ask a question about how he's supposed to explain this to his players. For all we know, he could have been talking about a poor job he did coaching. Seriously, FU Big 12. Last I knew there were parts of the field that coaches and staff couldn't go beyond, in my days it was the 30 yard line. What the **** was Dodds doing right next to a ref, at the endzone, chomping his ear?

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
... and no word from the conference on the cheap shot? Sounds about right.

What cheap shot? Nothing to see hear, move along. Actually the refs should count themselves lucky for not being reprimanded for throwing the flag on that one. It was a continuation of the play, nothing else.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
This is what I was thinking. He actually used very good words, never directly saying the refs stole the game from us. IMO, if I am Pollard I go back to them (not publicly) and ask where a reprimand is coming from at all since he never said it was the ref's fault. All he did was ask a question about how he's supposed to explain this to his players. For all we know, he could have been talking about a poor job he did coaching. Seriously, FU Big 12. Last I knew there were parts of the field that coaches and staff couldn't go beyond, in my days it was the 30 yard line. What the **** was Dodds doing right next to a ref, at the endzone, chomping his ear?

The rule states that coaches can't publicly comment about the officials or official rulings.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I bet Rhoads wanted the fine.

But I called that nothing would happen to him.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
So, Davis takes a cheap shot, targeting the knees of the ISU player, and could have easily caused a season-ending (or worse) injury. Rhoads emotionally sticks up for his players. And in the eyes of the Big 12 (Texas 10) these things are basically equal.

NIClone

Feb 25, 2012
That is a joke. A defensive player gets an ejection for targeting a defenseless player. That is in essence what Davis did a his except at his knees.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I'd be ok kneeing the ball for the rest of our games this year in protest.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
The rule states that coaches can't publicly comment about the officials or official rulings.

I know, and I was drunk, so I could be mistaken, but I don't remember him specifically saying anything about the referees. Wasn't it something like, "What happened out there tonight... to have the game stolen...? I would argue, if they thought I was talking about the referees, then you must have seen something to make you think they did a bad job.

IF he actually mentioned the play being called incorrectly, or the officials directly, then I apologize.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I know, and I was drunk, so I could be mistaken, but I don't remember him specifically saying anything about the referees. Wasn't it something like, "What happened out there tonight... to have the game stolen...? I would argue, if they thought I was talking about the referees, then you must have seen something to make you think they did a bad job.

IF he actually mentioned the play being called incorrectly, or the officials directly, then I apologize.

He's was pretty careful not to exactly call out officials, but he said something about how everyone in the stadium saw the same thing.

Whatever, he would have been fined had the conference really felt like he was wrong. The conference did not fine him because they knew he was right and Iowa State was screwed over.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron