Any word on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I was reading hn board there is a rumor their locker room from last night was robbed: cash, credit cards, cell phones. Any truth to this? How is that possible?

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
I was reading hn board there is a rumor their locker room from last night was robbed: cash, credit cards, cell phones. Any truth to this? How is that possible?

Talk about a bad night! Wouldn't there be some sort of security during the game?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

If true, that would only put the icing on the cake to a great night, wouldn't it? A horrible performance by our football, team, a warning from the officials to quit blaring loud music while Iowa approaches the line of scrimmage (a cheap and dirty tactic), and then we embarrass ourselves and our school even more by robbing their stuff in their locker room.

You can't make this crap up folks. I sure hope this isn't true. If so, we truly need to offer our apologies to Iowa, and probably pay for anything that was taken as well.

Just another reason this series needs to end IMO. It creates way too much hatred and bad behavior IMO.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Just another reason this series needs to end IMO. It creates way too much hatred and bad behavior IMO.

Lets be honest, just because you have a rivalry doesn't mean that is the reason you steal from them. I mean...if you know about security issues, why not wait for Texas. Surely, there is more money with those guys...right? :twitcy:

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
Speaking as someone who has worked with athletic's security before, I highly doubt this. The rooms are locked by the supervisor, and security is posted in-between use, ESPECIALLY during big games.

Why you believe anything posted on Hawkeye nation is beyond me.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Lets be honest, just because you have a rivalry doesn't mean that is the reason you steal from them. I mean...if you know about security issues, why not wait for Texas. Surely, there is more money with those guys...right? :twitcy:

No, but when we travel to Iowa, our players get stuff thrown at them too from the Iowa fans. It's just stupid. If the fans can't be more civil, on both sides, then don't even play the game anymore. It's just dumb.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Speaking as someone who has worked with athletic's security before, I highly doubt this. The rooms are locked by the supervisor, and security is posted in-between use, ESPECIALLY during big games.

Why you believe anything posted on Hawkeye nation is beyond me.

If this story is true, then bad on Iowa State University.

But if it's just made up, then bad on whoever started this stupid rumor. Why can't Iowa fans just be happy about their victory? Why would they have to make something up just to make ISU look even worse?

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Marc Morehouse said he saw police in the lockerroom. that's probably not a good sign.

Nov 23, 2008
Norwalk via Marshalltown
I posted this on HN. Two long time subscribers on the HawkeyeReport pay board are the ones claiming they have sources that corroborate the accusations. Also there apparently was a Facebook post early this morning from Iowa player Nate Maier saying his phone was missing after the game.

Last edited:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Marc Morehouse said he saw police in the lockerroom. that's probably not a good sign.

Police or Security? Big difference. I think Security would be a given. But Police would be a bad sign.

If this indeed did happen, Iowa could very well sue Iowa State for damages. I would think it's ISU's responsibility to provide security for opposing teams, right?

Wow. Talk about a program going in the wrong direction. We embarrass ourselves on the field, and now even worse, we can't even provide a safe and secure environment for traveling teams. What a joke we are right now.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
Until it's actually confirmed by a source, then I will continue to argue against it. I know the security we go through to protect personal belongings and lengths we go for the security of players after games. While it may be entirely possible, I find it more likely that trollers be trolling.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Until it's actually confirmed by a source, then I will continue to argue against it. I know the security we go through to protect personal belongings and lengths we go for the security of players after games. While it may be entirely possible, I find it more likely that trollers be trolling.

I certainly hope it's not true. If so, we will be all over the headlines as a complete joke of a school. And it will be deserved too.

Status
Not open for further replies.