PODCAST: Steve Deace joins me to break down Cy-Hawk week

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Good Podcast. First time listening to Deace. Seems like a smart guy.

Really? He's full of crap. Here's his quote from the podcast "And they give the score I think it was 38, Iowa State 38 and Iowa 9, that was the streak breaker in 1999". Well Deace we won 27 to 9 and it was 1998. He always tries to embellish stuff and it gets old.

Don't even get me started on the Mac treated it like a Bowl Game BS, hey Deace I was there 97 through 2001 and we did not treat it like a Bowl game.

How anyone can give this guy any credibility is beyond me.

Last edited:

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Hmmmm...having trouble reconciling Deace's ripping of Texas and Mack Brown, when it seems just days ago that he predicted the Longhorns to tie TCU for the Big 12 title, and finishing 10-2 overall...yeah, he's full of crap.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
Really? He's full of crap. Here's his quote from the podcast "And they give the score I think it was 38, Iowa State 38 and Iowa 9, that was the streak breaker in 1999". Well Deace we won 27 to 9 and it was 1998. He always tries to embellish stuff and it gets old.

Don't even get me started on the Mac treated it like a Bowl Game BS, hey Deace I was there 97 through 2001 and we did not treat it like a Bowl game.

How anyone can give this guy any credibility is beyond me.

Hmmmm...having trouble reconciling Deace's ripping of Texas and Mack Brown, when it seems just days ago that he predicted the Longhorns to tie TCU for the Big 12 title, and finishing 10-2 overall...yeah, he's full of crap.

...said no one ever.

Tough crowd

CykoAGR

Dec 16, 2008
Waukee, IA
I personally like Deace.

You just have to know that he is a Michigan man at heart (hes not afraid to say it, a lot).

He knows his stats/history, does he answer everything right? No.

I understand some hate him, I get it. If you dont like him dont listen.

I like CW mixing in different people in the podcasts. Adam, Austen, Blum and now Deace. Keeps it different I think each person brings something different.

We all crave more ISU news and content and then half of the people are complaining about Deace. Sheesh quitcherbitchin

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
Then do some research before talking about it like you know. That's all I ask.

He said, "and I THINK the score was..."

He's simply revisiting a memory of when he first heard that Iowa State had beat Iowa ending their 15 game win streak.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I'd listen to 3 hours of Chris and Deace every day. I thought it was great.