ISU backup QB Rohach

Wings

Oct 7, 2012
Creston
I have a good feeling about Richardson for Saturday...but do you think Rohach will be coming in if Richardson is performing poorly?

troyisu

Jan 13, 2011
Waukee
Not a chance IMO. Richardson is our guy...now having Rohach call the plays may just happen in the 2nd half if we are struggling! :smile:

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
We really have no reason to believe that Richardson will struggle. I'd be more concerned about the O-line keeping him protected. If we see Rohach my guess it's due to an injury...

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Rohach is only coming in if Richardson gets hurt. Richardson probably does have a leash on him but unless I'm misreading things it is a pretty long one.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Nice troll thread. After all, Richardson was clearly the big problem for ISU in the last game, right?

Sunshine was one of the few bright spots.

rjkbroker

Apr 30, 2010
Rohach is the better qb---but Richardson is Messingham recruit---so, that is why he plays first....once Rohach is in--chance's are he will not relinquish the playing role.....RIchardson is average at best.
Not a chance IMO. Richardson is our guy...now having Rohach call the plays may just happen in the 2nd half if we are struggling! :smile:

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
Sam Richardson made some throws at QB that we haven't seen since Sage Rosenfels. There was one in particular that he floated perfectly over a LB's outstretch hand and dropped it in to Ecby in the soft flat. When he made that throw I realized we finally have an accurate QB.

Sam Richardson is not an issue. The O-line is.

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
I really would like to see what Rohach can do. I HATE that upper-classman get the benefit of the doubt. Richardson has only really completed downfield passes against a poor KU team. The long TD's against Tulsa and UNI were both passes less than 15 yards that a receiver took the distance.

Rohach came in pretty heralded, and I would hate for him to sit on the bench for 3 years because we have an average QB that's a year older. I'm a fan of the...go with the best guy. Give him a chance to see what he can do.

CycloneGB

Jul 20, 2010
This thread...

images

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
Rohach is the better qb---but Richardson is Messingham recruit---so, that is why he plays first....once Rohach is in--chance's are he will not relinquish the playing role.....RIchardson is average at best.

I don't think you will see a single Iowa State fan complain about an average QB.