ISU backup QB Rohach

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I still cant believe anyone would question Richardson. What has he done wrong to garner it? Hes probably the most poised QB we've had in a long while.

Reactions: vortec22

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
I really would like to see what Rohach can do. I HATE that upper-classman get the benefit of the doubt. Richardson has only really completed downfield passes against a poor KU team. The long TD's against Tulsa and UNI were both passes less than 15 yards that a receiver took the distance.

Rohach came in pretty heralded, and I would hate for him to sit on the bench for 3 years because we have an average QB that's a year older. I'm a fan of the...go with the best guy. Give him a chance to see what he can do.
According to CPR it wasn't even a contest. He has said many times that Rohach is where Sam was a year ago. Please tell me where you have read thst Sam is getting to play because he is an upper classman?

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
I still cant believe anyone would question Richardson. What has he done wrong to garner it? Hes probably the most poised QB we've had in a long while.

^^^^^THIS! For **** sakes give the kid a chance.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
I would not mind Grant getting a series a game to ease up the load on Richardson, especially being dinged up. Not a knock on Richardson at all, but when your QB takes a lot of abuse spreading those hits around is not a bad idea.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
I saw Wings started this thread but I have him blocked. I'm assuming he's trolling like a boss.

billy-madison-correct-a799e8fb-original.gif

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
I would not mind Grant getting a series a game to ease up the load on Richardson, especially being dinged up. Not a knock on Richardson at all, but when your QB takes a lot of abuse spreading those hits around is not a bad idea.

Let's give him some mop-up duty in the second half once ISU is leading the hoks by 28 or so.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
What the hell is this thread all about? PUT IN CAPELLO!

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
According to CPR it wasn't even a contest. He has said many times that Rohach is where Sam was a year ago. Please tell me where you have read thst Sam is getting to play because he is an upper classman?

I'm not saying that Sam is a bad QB, not by a long shot. Nor is he playing because he's an upper-classman, (as he's only a year older than Grant). What I am saying that Rohach was invited to the Nike elite 11 passing camp. He was a stud in HS. I feel he probably has more physical tools than Sam. My question, is which QB has the best up-side for this team?

You guys are saying that Grant shouldn't get a shot because Sam has played average football in 3 of his 4 starts and awesome in 1 start vs Kansas. I'd say that a loss against UNI, and Tulsa should be reason enough to open the competition up...regardless of other excuses (inclusive of: sam was sick, bad play calling, offensive line issues, bad defense, etc).

In addition, what I would HATE to see, and it would REALLY **** me off, is that Richardson has 3 very average years, and then Rohach comes in his Senior year and lights it up. Because..that would tell me that the better QB was on the bench the entire time.

And...this happens all the time in College football....look at Iowa with Brad Banks. He transfered from JUCO and had to sit behind an average Kyle McCann. He gets 1 year to start and he lights it up. Are you telling me that Iowa was better having McCann start than Banks?

Can Sam consistently go 21 for 28 and 178 yards per game w/ 1 TD and no picks. Yes....I think he can. Can he consistently go 25-35 260 yards 2 TD's a game? I haven't seen it...and I don't think he can. Does Rohach have the skills to do that? I don't know...but I'd love to give him a shot.

All I'm saying is..we've seen SO much bad QB play over the last few years that seeing someone play average at QB is refreshing. Is average QB play worth anointing him 3 years worth of starting?

That...I don't know. You guys have every right to disagree, and it's just my opinion.... What I do know...is that if you want to win in this league, you have to find the playmakers and put them on the field. Is Rohach one of them, it remains to be seen as he has not been given a shot.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'm not saying that Sam is a bad QB, not by a long shot. Nor is he playing because he's an upper-classman, (as he's only a year older than Grant). What I am saying that Rohach was invited to the Nike elite 11 passing camp. He was a stud in HS. I feel he probably has more physical tools than Sam. My question, is which QB has the best up-side for this team?

You guys are saying that Grant shouldn't get a shot because Sam has played average football in 3 of his 4 starts and awesome in 1 start vs Kansas. I'd say that a loss against UNI, and Tulsa should be reason enough to open the competition up...regardless of other excuses (inclusive of: sam was sick, bad play calling, offensive line issues, bad defense, etc).

In addition, what I would HATE to see, and it would REALLY **** me off, is that Richardson has 3 very average years, and then Rohach comes in his Senior year and lights it up. Because..that would tell me that the better QB was on the bench the entire time.

And...this happens all the time in College football....look at Iowa with Brad Banks. He transfered from JUCO and had to sit behind an average Kyle McCann. He gets 1 year to start and he lights it up. Are you telling me that Iowa was better having McCann start than Banks?

Can Sam consistently go 21 for 28 and 178 yards per game w/ 1 TD and no picks. Yes....I think he can. Can he consistently go 25-35 260 yards 2 TD's a game? I haven't seen it...and I don't think he can. Does Rohach have the skills to do that? I don't know...but I'd love to give him a shot.

All I'm saying is..we've seen SO much bad QB play over the last few years that seeing someone play average at QB is refreshing. Is average QB play worth anointing him 3 years worth of starting?

That...I don't know. You guys have every right to disagree, and it's just my opinion.... What I do know...is that if you want to win in this league, you have to find the playmakers and put them on the field. Is Rohach one of them, it remains to be seen as he has not been given a shot.

fail.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
CPR said that Grant is where Sam was last year at this time- that is not ready to supplant two QBs with major holes in their games. What makes you think he is ready to compete with a QB that has at least shown us average? Give him time to get a little more ready and then we can have this discussion. Besides, I have no doubt that Grant will see time this year due to injury. <ducks and knocks on wood>

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
Don't know why we're even bothering with this controversy. With the combination of our porous OL and questionable play-calling, we're likely to see plenty of the 2nd and even 3rd string QBs this year.

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
CPR said that Grant is where Sam was last year at this time- that is not ready to supplant two QBs with major holes in their games. What makes you think he is ready to compete with a QB that has at least shown us average? Give him time to get a little more ready and then we can have this discussion. Besides, I have no doubt that Grant will see time this year due to injury. <ducks and knocks on wood>

See...I would disagree with you whole-heartedly. I think that CPR stuck to his guns, because Steele and Jared were the upperclassmen and had the 'Experience'. When CPR finally took his 'Experience' goggles off and gave Sam a shot, he was able to stabilize the position, and even excel vs a bad team in KU.

Now...don't get me wrong, I love that we're not turning the ball over 3 times / game with Sam. And...Maybe Sam is better than Grant. I don't know, you don't know, none of us have seen him play in a game. All I know..is that EVERYONE on this board was REALLY excited to get Rohach. AND....everyone here thought for sure that he would be given the reigns at some point after the Steele Jantz and Jarred Barnett era.

I think its funny that everyone forgot that because Richardson had a HUGE game against a sh*tty KU team...and hasn't turned the ball over like we were used to w/ our previous QB's.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Rohach is the better qb---but Richardson is Messingham recruit---so, that is why he plays first....once Rohach is in--chance's are he will not relinquish the playing role.....RIchardson is average at best.

LOL, you're funny. I assume you are basing this off of all the time you've spent with the team studying the QBs during reps, right? Peyton Manning is a pretty good QB, but put him behind this line and I bet he looks average at best as well. Hell, with his legs, probably looks like a terrible QB. Good Troll effort though, I commend you.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Sam has given me no reason to believe he will struggle, especially against freaking Iowa.

The only way we see Grant, is if Sam get injured or his helmet comes off.

CycloneGB

Jul 20, 2010
See...I would disagree with you whole-heartedly. I think that CPR stuck to his guns, because Steele and Jared were the upperclassmen and had the 'Experience'. When CPR finally took his 'Experience' goggles off and gave Sam a shot, he was able to stabilize the position, and even excel vs a bad team in KU.

Now...don't get me wrong, I love that we're not turning the ball over 3 times / game with Sam. And...Maybe Sam is better than Grant. I don't know, you don't know, none of us have seen him play in a game. All I know..is that EVERYONE on this board was REALLY excited to get Rohach. AND....everyone here thought for sure that he would be given the reigns at some point after the Steele Jantz and Jarred Barnett era.

I think its funny that everyone forgot that because Richardson had a HUGE game against a sh*tty KU team...and hasn't turned the ball over like we were used to w/ our previous QB's.

Exactly. The coaches are the only ones that know, they've watched them both in practice.

Please tell me you don't honestly think that if Rohach was playing better than Richardson in practice, Rhoads would just "stick to his guns" and play SR..

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron