Any info on possible walk on offers?

Cyberclone

Aug 6, 2006
I know in past years, some of our best surprises emerged from guys who got a chance to walk on. Does anyone have any unofficial info on who might be walking on, and hoping to contribute?

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Terelle Pryor is planning on walking on. Can't find a link to any of his stats though.

SlyCy

Apr 17, 2006
North Liberty, Iowa
I heard Tyler Moorehead, Newman Catholic, Mason City, (Shawn Moorehead's brother) was going to try and walk on.

"Leading that transformation was the anchor of that defense and the 2007 Globe Gazette defensive player of the year, Tyler Moorehead.

Moorehead recorded 59 tackles, had one interception, a field goal block and a fumble recovery, helping to lead the Knights to an 11-1 record and an appearance in the state semifinals."

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Some guy called into Marty and Miller on signing day and said ISU was supposedly going to get the best long snapper in the country from somewhere in Kansas. M&M proceeded to rip on him about this "big news" and how that is not going to be a game changing signing. The kicker not the snapper was the problem in recent years.

MaxPower57

Mar 30, 2006
Thanks MP57, any info on him?

Not really, I know he is from Pleasant Valley, which a pretty damn good team. Here is a highlight video on the kid, seems pretty solid.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLk3dHVjRis&mode=related&search]YouTube - Brett Bueker Highlights[/ame]=

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
i had the recruiting coaches on a good black defensive end in pharr texas.the only trouble was the kid did not have the grades.
fantastic athlete-had 60 hurries on qbs on opposing teams.caused 17 fumbles and recovered 13-14 fumbles.this kid needs the grades. i asked scott fountainif they should try to get him into some of the juco systems at any juco college.too bad he did not make his grades.on top of his football skills,he was named as a de on the texas allstate teams first team class 5a.
i think he would have been a player with some tutoring-sigh!who knows!!!could have been another webster patrick,too.

if the kickers don't pan out,we have a jr kid at lahoya high school who has nailed a 59 yarder this year.and kicked 3-4 other goals over 50 yards.his name is sergio castillo and is considered one of the best soccer players in the rio grande valleyand is one helluva kicker. i told coach fountain they get this kid up for a summer camp.

cheers!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Texas produces 400 Div 1 recruits a year. Texas, A&M, Baylor, Okie, Okie State, Houston, Rice, and UTEP will take hlf of them. That leaves 200 for NE, ISU, KU, LA, etc. We ended up with 9?

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
Some guy called into Marty and Miller on signing day and said ISU was supposedly going to get the best long snapper in the country from somewhere in Kansas. M&M proceeded to rip on him about this "big news" and how that is not going to be a game changing signing. The kicker not the snapper was the problem in recent years.

Having been at the Toledo game last season (fumbled punt snap provides go-ahead TD for Rockets) and the Texas game the year before (snap over punter's head leads to safety, setting the tone early), I'm gonna have to disagree with M&M. Long snapper is one of those positions everyone takes for granted...until something goes wrong.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
One of the flaky snaps was at Iowa game to make the winner fieldgoal. We were npt Snapville USA the last two years. The punters had some exciting times.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I thought i had heard we were interested in Guyers long snapper at Johnston. He's in the Rivals database. I think the downside is that he's under 200 lbs. He'd need to bulk up a lot to play anywhere at LS. Otherwise a lt of kicks get blocked.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Zac Tucker from Johnston is walking on to be a Long Snapper. He is 6'4". Main thing a snapper does is snap the ball. If he is accurate with his snaps and can hold them up for a couple seconds then he will have done the job. I doubt that most Long Snappers are dominant blockers. Their purpose is to deliver an accurate fast snap.

BigM

Mar 2, 2007
Amesterdam
the team cant line up on top of the snapper so he has a free release thats whay purvis was the first guy down all the time this year

Help Support Us

Become a patron