Iowa State Facilities - Denver Post Article

Cyclonz

Nov 23, 2009
Denver, CO
"Get facilities off the table (as an issue)," said Brian Reilly, moderator of Allbuffs.com, and a Colorado alum. "Recruits visit Boise State, and they're better than Colorado. TCU had better facilities even before joining the Big 12. People should go online to Iowa State's athletic website and look at their facilities.
"They blow CU's away."

Read more: CU Buffs working hard to attract additional fundraising numbers - The Denver Post CU Buffs working hard to attract additional fundraising numbers - The Denver Post
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: Terms of Use - The Denver Post
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

ISUME

Mar 13, 2012
1513458035_YOU_JELLY_o_80550_answer_4_xlarge.jpeg

ISUagger

Jan 31, 2012
Ames
I like how nobody can believe we have better facilities than they do. No way ISU could have good facilities, right?

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
They've won a national championship in the past 25 years and now they struggle to beat (or lose to) Colorado State. Its a shame. And I'm one who hated CU when they would bring their game to Ames. Remember a football game sometime in the early 90's I think, when one of their players wrote "thanks" on a big dry erase board on their sideline towards the end of the game. They were stirring things up pretty well with the crowd behind their bench. Was easy to dislike them. Now wish we had them back on the schedule.

cycloneinpdx

Jul 10, 2013
Twin Cities
On one hand, I'm flattered that we have facilities that other schools look up to, and I'm happy that we have better facilities (well, per recruits like Lazard) than traditional powerhouses like Notre Dame.

On the other hand, it pisses me off that everyone says that we have good facilities with a bit of incredulity-- as though we aren't deserving of it, and it's an insult to their program that they do not have better facilities than we do.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
On one hand, I'm flattered that we have facilities that other schools look up to, and I'm happy that we have better facilities (well, per recruits like Lazard) than traditional powerhouses like Notre Dame.

On the other hand, it pisses me off that everyone says that we have good facilities with a bit of incredulity-- as though we aren't deserving of it, and it's an insult to their program that they do not have better facilities than we do.

You understand it though, don't you? We have no history. Embrace the fact that we are creating some (hopefully).

cycloneinpdx

Jul 10, 2013
Twin Cities
You understand it though, don't you? We have no history. Embrace the fact that we are creating some (hopefully).

Yeah, I understand it, and I'm glad we're laying the foundation to succeed. It doesn't completely remove the sting of the backhanded compliments, though.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
For about 9 of the 12 it is.

9 of 10 in the Big 12 take it very seriously.

What three teams haven't shown a commitment to athletics in one form or another? I suppose you could make a case for COlorado but when you look at the bottom tier of that conference, they are all trying if not competing. Especially from a coach standpoint, that whole conference has made more moves than any other and when you look at the potential in that conference from a coaching and offensive standpoint, they could be something special in a few years.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009

It's always the case: people are always jealous of the others who don't have history, or who they think are beneath them. They suck up to the royalties and look down at the peasants. It's always their source of comfort: enjoying mediocrity as long as there are people beneath them. When the others start to get better, they get offended

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Has anyone ever met a Colorado fan? They suck as a fan base. They get loaded at school, then leave and don't look back.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Has anyone ever met a Colorado fan? They suck as a fan base. They get loaded at school, then leave and don't look back.

Having been to an ISU game in Boulder they are an absolute horrible fan base. Just a flat out rude bunch of people. I grew up hating Husker and Hawkeye fans but CU fans are far worse when it comes to treating opposing teams fans.

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
We were discussing this on the Oregon thread and I made a point that I thought it seemed everybody had new facilities now. I guess it's CU that doesn't.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron