Iowa City/North Liberty Game Watch

NattyLiteCy

Jun 17, 2013
North Liberty
Hey guys. Long time lurker here but I wanted to ask a question. I recently transferred to Iowa City for my job and currently reside in North Liberty. Being new to the area I was wondering if there were any game watch bars deep in the heart of Hawkeye country. Would be willing to travel to Cedar Rapids if needed. Thanks in advance!

NattyLiteCy

Jun 17, 2013
North Liberty
Game watch location threads in June? I like your style....and I'm pretty anxious for football too.

I like to get my ducks in a row early. Seriously though being new to living in Eastern Iowa I wanted to know if there was much of an ISU crowd around here. This is stuff I didn't need to worry about in Urbandale. And since I like watching games with fellow fans I just wondered if there were any dedicated watch/gathering sites around here.

KirksTaxBracket

Jun 23, 2013
Hey guys. Long time lurker here but I wanted to ask a question. I recently transferred to Iowa City for my job and currently reside in North Liberty. Being new to the area I was wondering if there were any game watch bars deep in the heart of Hawkeye country. Would be willing to travel to Cedar Rapids if needed. Thanks in advance!
I'm in the same boat as you Natty Lite. I recently moved to Iowa City, and I find it kind of suffocating. I too have been thinking about watching the games in Eastern Iowa, but I don't even want to leave the house to do it. If you wanna come watch it at my house, that'd be cool. Just bring decent beer.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
When I first saw the title I thought Iowa City was playing North Liberty in high school basketball. I was confused as to why people would want to get together to watch it, let alone watch it at all.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
The BWW in Coralville is my go to location if I am not watching at home. If there is a Hawkeye game going on at the same time they'll show that but if there is no conflict they'll have Iowa State up on the big screen.

NattyLiteCy

Jun 17, 2013
North Liberty
The BWW in Coralville is my go to location if I am not watching at home. If there is a Hawkeye game going on at the same time they'll show that but if there is no conflict they'll have Iowa State up on the big screen.

Is there usually other ISU fans there as well?

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
Here is the Gamewatch Guide from the Alumni Association. Be sure to check back in the fall before games start because I know the AA is updating locations and the could change. (I know my location is in talks to change)

Gamewatch Guide - Iowa State University Alumni Association

Linn & Johnson Counties
The Fieldhouse
1140 Blairs Ferry Rd. NE, Cedar Rapids
Craig Adamson, president

NattyLiteCy

Jun 17, 2013
North Liberty
Here is the Gamewatch Guide from the Alumni Association. Be sure to check back in the fall before games start because I know the AA is updating locations and the could change. (I know my location is in talks to change)

Gamewatch Guide - Iowa State University Alumni Association

Linn & Johnson Counties
The Fieldhouse
1140 Blairs Ferry Rd. NE, Cedar Rapids
Craig Adamson, president

Something like that was exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I am south of CR, there are some Cyclones around. Seems to be a good amount up towards Marion. South side, not so much...

dont go to the field house for games. The place is decked out in hawk junk and black and gold. I cannot believe they host the official game watches there!

im also looking for a dependable place to watch games with other cyclone fans in the CR area. Will bring beer. :)

Last edited:

Redman97

Jul 31, 2011
Iowa City
Wife and are going out the 14th - preferably Johnson Co but will travel to CR if necessary - is The Fieldhouse it?

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Someone in the CR area want to open up their house for a game watch? A Cyclones only party would be fun over in Hawk land. I can bring beer.

I work in I.T. and could bring a HD projector as well. Although, I gotta be honest. I've watched about 5 "big" Cyclone games on the projector and they lost all but 1. :smile: Not sure if it's a projector jinx, or if we under-perform in big games. Maybe both?

Help Support Us

Become a patron