FAC

Cydog

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Bettendorf, IA
I was just wondering who of you like to attend Friday After Class, or FAC at the bars here in Ames. Personally my friends and I are pretty much regulars at Mickey's for the 50 cent draws, free hot dogs, and the first beer is free. We have been thinking about changing it up a little bit though to see what other bars have to offer with their FAC deals. Any thoughts?

clonez

Sep 14, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Chasers also has 50 cent draws, but what i like about them is they have a beer pong table you can play on. 2 dollar wells, used to be 1 but they just put it up.

ia8manfan

Apr 12, 2006
Philadelphia
When People's closed down, it killed FAC. I started going to Mickey's/Cy's this fall because they have the patios, but when it started getting cold, I stopped FACing. Ames just hasn't been the same since People's is gone. Thank God I graduate in about 3 months.

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I enjoyed Cy's for FAC before it was bought, gutted and stripped of all character.
However my firm is throwing our monthly Friday night "party" tonight...drinks on the house.......is it 4 yet?
There is blood in my alcohol stream.....

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Anyone who had Choobineh for MIS 330 knows he was a big fan of the FAC! Good old Fred made you want to go to class because he was actually fun.

fred88.jpg

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I enjoyed Cy's for FAC before it was bought, gutted and stripped of all character.
However my firm is throwing our monthly Friday night "party" tonight...drinks on the house.......is it 4 yet?
There is blood in my alcohol stream.....

Yeah, I don't like what they did to Cy's. Too preppy now. $1 burgers on Wednesdays were great there too. These aren't the small cheapy ones you get off the value menu either they were big thick homemade burgers.

bandit

Apr 21, 2006
Man, I wanna go to FAC! I miss those days!

I can't count the number of times my backpack got left at People's...I didn't complain b/c I'd head back on Saturday for lunch (General Jackson) and another afternoon/night there!

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
I used to go to Mickey's FAC for 50 cent beers, then head to Element for $3 pitchers. Good old drunk times.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
Do a lot of people go to this?

I loved FAC at people's followed by 25cent draws at Lumpy's great times.

A couple times we did the 25 cent draws at Phuel followed by the 25 cent draws at Lumpy's, through in the first free beer at Mickey's and it makes for a not too expensive time.

On another note people in Minnesota apparently don't have FAC or know what it is. Poor souls.:wideeyed: