Fans Leaving Early

cyowan

Feb 7, 2013
Ames, IA
As much as I am disappointed in whichever students were throwing things at the KU players (no matter how well deserved) I am equally disappointed in those fans that left before the game was over (aka no time left). It is one thing to be upset with the outcome, but our team deserved a better send off than they got tonight. They played their butts off and left everything they had on the court, the least we could have done was show how much we appreciated it rather than leaving early and trying to beat the traffic. Shame on those who left early. Shouldn't be allowed to call yourselves Cyclones IMO.

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
I was pretty upset about this as well. If your team takes a top 10 team to OT it won't kill you to stick around and support them to the end.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
doesnt bother me one bit if people left once the game was out of reach. it was pretty late on a monday night and people have to work in the morning and/or have to get kids to school. i'm sure most of the people who didnt have to be up early stuck around. throwing things at KU players? i didnt hear about this earlier. wow. thats terrible. i hope the refs got blasted with trash though

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
doesnt bother me one bit if people left once the game was out of reach. it was pretty late on a monday night and people have to work in the morning and/or have to get kids to school. i'm sure most of the people who didnt have to be up early stuck around. throwing things at KU players? i didnt hear about this earlier. wow. thats terrible. i hope the refs got blasted with trash though

It looked like most of the trash was thrown at the KU players and Self. Probably not are most classy moment.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Fans leaving early always pisses me off, even when their team is going to win. Just stick around an extra 5-10 minutes.

ameshammer

Dec 31, 2008
Ankeny
As much as I am disappointed in whichever students were throwing things at the KU players (no matter how well deserved) I am equally disappointed in those fans that left before the game was over (aka no time left). It is one thing to be upset with the outcome, but our team deserved a better send off than they got tonight. They played their butts off and left everything they had on the court, the least we could have done was show how much we appreciated it rather than leaving early and trying to beat the traffic. Shame on those who left early. Shouldn't be allowed to call yourselves Cyclones IMO.

Kansas players deserved to have things thrown at them? Are you serious? You need to get yourself together man.

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
It looked like most of the trash was thrown at the KU players and Self. Probably not are most classy moment.

If it was just trash, I think people are getting confused. The students were just helping the Hilton staff clean up after the game.

Now if they were throwing batteries or babies we should have a gripe.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Usually people leaving early ticks me off, but those calls were so horrendous I don't blame someone for wanting to get out.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I guess you are disappointed in me then... we left with 30 seconds to go in OT. 1) We had a 45+ minute drive back home and 2) we parked in the paved lots south of Jack Trice and had a walk. If that makes me a bad fan, so be it I guess.

But I guess I'm not longer a Cyclone.

ameshammer

Dec 31, 2008
Ankeny
I guess you are disappointed in me then... we left with 30 seconds to go in OT. 1) We had a 45+ minute drive back home and 2) we parked in the paved lots south of Jack Trice and had a walk. If that makes me a bad fan, so be it I guess.

But I guess I'm not longer a Cyclone.

sorry to hear that, well at least you won't have to worry about blowing late game leads anymore

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Students probably shouldn't have been throwing things but what did the KU players expect? That will happen when you taunt an opposing teams student section. Maybe next time they won't be dumb enough to do that.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Fans leaving early always pisses me off, even when their team is going to win. Just stick around an extra 5-10 minutes.
I agree but by the time most of the fans started leaving last night the game was over. I don't get upset about fans leaving with under a minute to go when the game is out of hand.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Normally I would get ****** if fans were leaving, but last night was so ****ed up that that was the least ****ed up thing that happened.

Help Support Us

Become a patron