Chris Street TV Special tonight

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
Anyone else watching? It is good, and very sad. I can still remember where I was when I heard the news...in our floor den room that evening. Everyone was in a bit of shock.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Am i the only one who thinks this is a bit overplayed? Countless people have died in this state since then, plenty of tragedies, yet we dont hear about them annually or have news specials from every station and the paper about them 20 years later.

Reactions: Acylum

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Am i the only one who thinks this is a bit overplayed? Countless people have died in this state since then, plenty of tragedies, yet we dont hear about them annually or have news specials from every station and the paper about them 20 years later.

Not really no. It was a huge story nationally, and even bigger in Iowa. It would of been very similar to Hoiberg dying his Junior year at ISU.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Loved Fred's comment about Street going across the baseline when guarding the in bound pass. That used to irk me to no end...LOL.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Not really no. It was a huge story nationally, and even bigger in Iowa. It would of been very similar to Hoiberg dying his Junior year at ISU.

Except DA Hawk fans would make crude jokes about it like they do Stevie Hicks. I am one for showing respect to Chris Street.

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
I had the opportunity to get to know Chris, he was a great guy and I remember how shocked and saddened the state felt after hearing the news of his death.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I was a Hawkeye fan and in sixth grade at the time of it. I remember everything about it still, almost better then I remember other national events that have shaped history. I remember meeting him at a basketball camp a few kids from my hometown went to. He was a fun player to watch as a kid.

It seemed like shortly after he passed away I started getting more into Iowa State basketball.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I know who he was. My point is, why would I care? facetious adj 1.having the habit of joking 2. said in fun: not to be taken seriously

You obviously cared enough to comment. Based on your 43 posts in 2.5 years, I'd say it takes something pretty big to elicit a post out of you.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
all the legal junk and finger pointing that occurred after his death was almost as tragic as the death itself.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron