Your favorite Movie

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
I thought about it. I'm really a Star Wars geek. Not really bad though. I'm not totally tubby and I don't live in my parent's basement.

I love A New Hope and Empire. The problem is that I start to look at the six movies as a whole and I'm less enthusiastic.

Part of me thinks that I want to glorify them because I remember them from my childhood. People always remember things better than they actually are/were.

Then there is the fact that Episodes I, II, and III completely sucked.
The kid in I couldn't act and the story sucked, the kid in II couldn't cat and the story sucked, and in III...well you see that pattern.
A good thing was ruined by 3 average movies, at best.

I felt that the last 30 minutes of II and all of III were pretty good because Lucas finally gave us Jedi, and lots of them, doing awesome Jedi ****. But the contrived romance and Natalie Portman trying to act were just awful. The new trilogy as a whole however really soils the original trilogy, and that is unfortunate. It's almost best to think of them as entirely separate entities.

My list would be:

The Rock
Transformers
Batman Begins/The Dark Knight (it's not out yet, but it will kick some serious posterior)
The Matrix (1)
Anchorman

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

"This place is fantastic! It's like "Gone With The Wind" on mescaline. They walk imaginary pets here, Garland - on a leash! And they're all heavily armed and drunk. New York is boring!"

That was one movie that was tough for me to watch. I dont know if I was in a mood or what, but I just didnt enjoy it.

acs4isu

Sep 8, 2006
West Des Moines
Comedy.....Night Shift. 1983 with Michael Keaton and Henry Winkler. One of Ron Howard's first films. The P R O S T I T U T I O N chalkboard scene is one of the funniest ever.

TION of course, from the Latin to shun... to say uh-uh no thank you anyway I don't want it, to push away... it doesn't even belong in this word really.

Funny funny stuff...

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Titanic
Romy and Micheles Highschool Reunion
The Hours
Thelma and Louise
You've Got Mail

Romy and Michelle was quite possibly the worst 2 hours I've ever spent in front of a television ... oh wait slightly better than my nominee for worst movie ever:

"Island of Dr Merou":no:

bcr4isu

Oct 17, 2006
Christmas Vacation
The Great Outdoors
Lethal Weapon Series
Just a few there are too many to narrow down to one or so.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I have two. Long Gone, it's a baseball movie made in 1987. starring William Peterson, Virginia Madsen (absolutely hot in this film), and Dermot Mulroney. Airplane is the other.

Cutlass

Mar 23, 2006
Omaha
ramblingscotty.blogspot.com
Comedy - Groundhog Day
Drama - Beautiful Girls
Man Movie - Gladiator
Favorite Stupid Comedy - Dazed and Confused
Science Fiction Epic - Lord of the Rings
Science Fiction - Serenity
Favorite Bloodbath Movie - The Killer (w/ Chow Yun Fat)
Action Movie - Conan the Barbarian
Classic - The Maltese Falcon
Musical - O' Brother Where Art Thou?
Western - High Plains Drifter

Last edited:

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Fine, I can do a detailed list:

Comedy - Ferris Bueller's Day Off
British Comedy - Shaun of the Dead or Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Drama - The Shawshank Redemption
Man Movie - 300
Favorite Stupid Comedy - Dumb and Dumber
Science Fiction Epic - Star Wars
Science Fiction - The Matrix
Fantasy Epic - Lord of the Rings
Favorite Bloodbath Movie - Kill Bill Vols. 1 & 2
Action Movie - Underworld
Classic - 12 Angry Men
Sports - Miracle
Christmas - National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Musical - White Christmas or Mary Poppins (not really a big musical fan)

harty83

Nov 15, 2006
Sioux Falls SD
OK, I said that Tombstone is my favorite--which is true--but I would be remiss if I didn't also note Caddyshack, for the mere fact that I have probably watched it more than a hundred times. When my sister and I were growing up, it was like a second religion. She can just about recite the entire movie (with proper voice inflections) by heart.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
OK, I said that Tombstone is my favorite--which is true--but I would be remiss if I didn't also note Caddyshack, for the mere fact that I have probably watched it more than a hundred times. When my sister and I were growing up, it was like a second religion. She can just about recite the entire movie (with proper voice inflections) by heart.

Doc: I'm sure of it. I hate him.
Wyatt [to Ringo]: He's drunk.
Doc: In vino veritas.
Ringo: Age quod agis.
Doc: Credat Judaeus Apella, non ego.
Ringo [patting gun]: Eventus stultorum magister.
Doc: Now that's Latin, darlin'. Evidently Mr. Ringo is an educated man. Now I really hate him.