Worst names you have ever heard?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
What are the worst names you have ever actually heard of a real person? (Not counting Ima Hogg and La-a urban legends.) It can be a really weird one, or some of the "trendy" new made-up names that a lot of kids are now being named.

Poor Farnold Degand had it pretty rough. :( Whenever my husband and I would hear his name at a game, we'd say, "Hey, Faaarnold!" (like from the old Nickelodeon show).

(Please no insulting other members.)

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
There are two that come to mind right away that are kids of people I know.

1. Lox Love
2. Raven Blackbird

Then there is the story from a farming magazine about 8-9 years ago about a farmer in Illinois and it said he had twin boys whose names were Briggs and Stratton.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
My family is full of teachers so I've heard my fair share of stupid names. One of my favorites was, and I'm not 100% on the spelling, but Le-a. Pronounced Leia maybe? Leeya? Nope. Le-dash-ah, yes, the dash is part of the name.

Reactions: PabloDiablo

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I was at Hy Vee the other day and some lady was chasing around her kid yelling "Hey Carpenter come here". I was embarrassed for the kid. Also why is it that when someone names there kid something stupid they have to say it over and over and over around me. It's annoying.

zwclones51

Aug 4, 2010
West Des Moines
My family is full of teachers so I've heard my fair share of stupid names. One of my favorites was, and I'm not 100% on the spelling, but Le-a. Pronounced Leia maybe? Leeya? Nope. Le-dash-ah, yes, the dash is part of the name.

Is this in east Des Moines? My buddy did student teaching last semester there and I think he might have said this name.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I knew a construction supe by the name of "Red" Cox. Also, Hurl Beechum was a moniker I wouldn't wish on anyone.

D

DistrictCyclone

There's a talking head on MSNBC named Krystal Ball.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I've worked as a teacher and in the department of Human Services, so I get to hear lots of different names. The trendy, cutesy ones are the worst. I'd say 2 different kids with the name Cedar (in the same class) rank right up there, that name seems fine for a cute kid but a 40 year old guy name Cedar....? Apologies to anyone on here with a kid named Cedar, just seems like most parents try to out cute each other with the most ridiculous kids names. Instead it leads to 4 kids in the same class with the same unique name.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
When I was young one of my friends had a next door neighbor whose name was E. True story. One letter. E.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron