Bibbs is a Cyclone

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
A la Gronk/Hernandez?

:spinny:

Just imagine John Walters...

"Richardson takes the snap... drops back... Throws it to the sideline, Rohach's got it... Rohach's gonna throw it again!... He's got Bibbs deep!... Bibbs makes the catch and a HUGE block from Brun... Bibbs is gone! Touchdown Cyclones! And that will end the perfect season here in the BCS National Championship Game as 13-0 Iowa State defeats Alabama, 76-0! Paul Rhoads has been doused with Gatorade right after signing a lifetime contract with Jamie Pollard on the sideline"

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
A la Gronk/Hernandez?

:spinny:
With our struggles at WR, I would be disappointed if Mess and Co did not look at how several teams negate the reliance on having play-makers at WR. Although they do not fit with what we have tried (and largely failed) to run, I would love us to employ some of the schemes Stanford and PSU use.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
With our struggles at WR, I would be disappointed if Mess and Co did not look at how several teams negate the reliance on having play-makers at WR. Although they do not fit with what we have tried (and largely failed) to run, I would love us to employ some of the schemes Stanford and PSU use.

There are a lot of 2 TE looks you can run out of shotgun.

Also, with the way we like to split out our TEs we could run 2 and 2 sets with Bibbs and Brun as our "slot" guys. Give our QBs some big dependable targets over the middle and some improved blocking for the run game.

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines

Also, with the way we like to split out our TEs we could run 2 and 2 sets with Bibbs and Brun as our "slot" guys. Give our QBs some big dependable targets over the middle and some improved blocking for the run game.

This! We should have some great 2 TE sets next year!

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE

Agreed, I often thought if we would run double TE and run one in motion a bunch keeping the defense off balanced. Would have better protection on runs and various targets to pass to. Play action schemes would kill it for us provided Sam can hit his targets.

ImperialCyclone

Sep 11, 2012
This news is phenomenal and will help me cope with the impending snow storm knowing bibbs will be a clone. Weather 1, Bibbs 7. Bibbs wins.

CYISFLY

Jun 30, 2009
SW Ia
Santa Clones done brought Cyclone Nation an early present. Nothing better then opening up a present a few days early

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
Just imagine John Walters...

"Richardson takes the snap... drops back... Throws it to the sideline, Rohach's got it... Rohach's gonna throw it again!... He's got Bibbs deep!... Bibbs makes the catch and a HUGE block from Brun... Bibbs is gone! Touchdown Cyclones! And that will end the perfect season here in the BCS National Championship Game as 13-0 Iowa State defeats Alabama, 76-0! Paul Rhoads has been doused with Gatorade right after signing a lifetime contract with Jamie Pollard on the sideline"

Jizz-In-My-Pants2.png

We're going to need a cleanup on aisle 3...

Last edited:

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA

Exactly, the offensive playbook for next year just got a little bigger. Brun & Bibbs in the redzone are going to make for some tough match ups. You could set up and go 4 wide or you can put them both in a traditional 2 tight end power set. Or you can even show one and motion into the other.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Exactly, the offensive playbook for next year just got a little bigger. Brun & Bibbs in the redzone are going to make for some tough match ups. You could set up and go 4 wide or you can put them both in a traditional 2 tight end power set. Or you can even show one and motion into the other.

Would love to see a little of the inverted wishbone that the Redskins and 49ers are running this year. Put White, Woody and Bibbs in the backfield with Brun lined up tight, run a little zone option with a pass option thrown in. That could be sweet.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Would love to see a little of the inverted wishbone that the Redskins and 49ers are running this year. Put White, Woody and Bibbs in the backfield with Brun lined up tight, run a little zone option with a pass option thrown in. That could be sweet.

quite a few teams have been running this set. I think i've seen ISU use it too, but we haven't really had the ideal personnel to run it thus far. perhaps we will see more of it.

Pass catching TE's can be a huge weapon. i think we really missed that the years between Franklin and Brun. Now in 2013 it will hopefully be x2!

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
quite a few teams have been running this set. I think i've seen ISU use it too, but we haven't really had the ideal personnel to run it thus far. perhaps we will see more of it.

Pass catching TE's can be a huge weapon. i think we really missed that the years between Franklin and Brun. Now in 2013 it will hopefully be x2!

Brings back memories of how we used our TE Keith Krepfle from the 1970's. Huge weapon.
Keith Krepfle - Hall of Fame Class of 2002 - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - [url]www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports :yes:[/URL]

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron