Bibbs is a Cyclone

loki8838

Nov 27, 2006
Just imagine John Walters...

"Richardson takes the snap... drops back... Throws it to the sideline, Rohach's got it... Rohach's gonna throw it again!... He's got Bibbs deep!... Bibbs makes the catch and a HUGE block from Brun... Bibbs is gone! Touchdown Cyclones! And that will end the perfect season here in the BCS National Championship Game as 13-0 Iowa State defeats Alabama, 76-0! Paul Rhoads has been doused with Gatorade right after signing a lifetime contract with Jamie Pollard on the sideline"

You need a reality check buddy...........Rhoads would never call a trick play/double pass that late in a game just to run up the score. He's too classy. Other than that, I think it's fairly realistic.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Love this get, to me he is a little more athletic version of Brun. Very pumped to see him, I think he is one in this class we can't afford to red-shirt.

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ
In fact, Bibbs has just been moved to 2* on Rivals following his signing with Iowa State

That's still a huge get for Rhoads... he has multiple STARZ... and OFFERZ

And the press on Bibbs coming out of HS was tremendous. and no, I can't find the link.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Oklahoma will be keying on Mr. Bibbs since they will not dare to get embarrassed by a recruit that they lost to Iowa State. My prediction ..... Bruns three touchdown performance seals our victory over the Sooners to end numerous "streaks". Thank you Mr. Bibbs and Mr. Bruns.

CurvedAir

Sep 30, 2012
Kansas City
Love this get, to me he is a little more athletic version of Brun. Very pumped to see him, I think he is one in this class we can't afford to red-shirt.

His speed is reportedly a real matchup nightmare for LB's. Great leaper/jump baller. OU wanted him involved in their running game too. Sounds like lots of options with this guy.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
The tide in the state of Iowa continues to to turn. Iowa State and the CPR staff signing the top recruit in the state........signing top recruits who were offered by the big time programs.......going bowling again........great time to be a Cyclone!!!!!!

Max57

Dec 18, 2008
Somewhere on Hwy 30
With those two tight ends and Wimberly (power back?), that gives us a lot of flexibility going from speed-Jet to 2-TEs and a power run / play-action game.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Line up in a 2x2 with White in the backfield, Brun and Bibbs in the slot. If defense is playing run, pass to either of them on a seam. If defense is playing pass, motion Brun in to TE and Bibbs into FB, then run power. For even more fun, after the motion to a power set, play-action the power into a little jump pass.

Or line up with trips, using Brun and Bibbs as blockers for Jarvis on a WR screen. Then fake the screen and sneak either one of them downfield for a big gain.

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
This is sort of off topic but does anyone know if these guys that signed today are going to be at the bowl game? Do they get to interact with the team and be on the sidelines? Would be pretty schweet if so.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Pretty sure he used his redshirt already.

The tide in the state of Iowa continues to to turn. Iowa State and the CPR staff signing the top recruit in the state........signing top recruits who were offered by the big time programs.......going bowling again........great time to be a Cyclone!!!!!!
Why just "in the state of Iowa"?

This is sort of off topic but does anyone know if these guys that signed today are going to be at the bowl game? Do they get to interact with the team and be on the sidelines? Would be pretty schweet if so.
If they do, I'm pretty sure it would be on their own nickel.

I have to admit that I'm pleased, because this kid is another building block. I was excitied about him when he committed, because he looks like he's the kind of guy who can do what Brun can do--before I had seen Brun do it. Just as importantly, depth was going to be shaky at tight end next season without another player--and we may as well get a good one!

Plus, he'll help ease the transition for the next generation of tight ends, the kids that Alex Leslie will be the first of. Just a win-win all the way around! Now, to get Suttles (equally as big) and everyone else into the house. Go Cyclones!

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Love to see the possibilities with two very good pass catching TEs next year, but great get for the year after.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron