Rumor= CPR is about to get a raise

TigerCyJM

May 3, 2012
Polk County, IA

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Or his wife!! Oh sorry, that was very tacky of me, but I just got done watching an episode of Two and Half Men so what did you expect? :skeptical:
I expect you to kill yourself.

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
We should make a "gameday" tshirt announcing Rhodes new deal. Pollack will design it.

On a serious note...for those of you saying a 6-6 record doesn't deserve a raise... We're not Alabama. We're not Texas. But we're building. To get to the level we are right now (.500 consistently) is a HUGE step for this program especially with the gauntlet we run in the Big12. We don't play the sisters of the poor like the Big10 teams do. If we're still .500 in four years then you may convince me. You really think there's someone out there better for ISU? No? Then pay the man if we need to. But as mentioned...he already turned down money so that it would be put into the facilities...he's here for the long haul and should be rewarded for this.

Phil Rhodes IS ISU football.

Last edited:

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
We should make a "gameday" tshirt announcing Rhodes new deal. Pollack will design it.

On a serious note...for those of you saying a 6-6 record doesn't deserve a raise... We're not Alabama. We're not Texas. But we're building. To get to the level we are right now (.500 consistently) is a HUGE step for this program especially with the gauntlet we run in the Big12. We don't play the sisters of the poor like the Big10 teams do. If we're still .500 in four years then you may convince me. You really think there's someone out there better for ISU? No? Then pay the man if we need to. But as mentioned...he already turned down money so that it would be put into the facilities...he's here for the long haul and should be rewarded for this.

Phil Rhodes IS ISU football.

6-6 in year 4 after 6-7 in year 3 is not cause for a raise unless we have to match something.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
I like Coach Rhoads a lot and know he has done a lot for this program, he works hard I understand that. I only see him getting a raise as of right now is because of matching another offer. I do think we need to keep him here, but if we cannot and he leaves for more money then all I can say is good bye and best of luck. In all this speculation I really think he is here for a little longer, how long only Paul knows. All I got to say is Vols and Razorback nations of the world would not be happy in year three with a .500 record so he and other coaches hope they realize that.

They will spit you out as fast as they brought you there.

D

DistrictCyclone

I like Coach Rhoads a lot and know he has done a lot for this program, he works hard I understand that. I only see him getting a raise as of right now is because of matching another offer. I do think we need to keep him here, but if we cannot and he leaves for more money then all I can say is good bye and best of luck. In all this speculation I really think he is here for a little longer, how long only Paul knows. All I got to say is Vols and Razorback nations of the world would not be happy in year three with a .500 record so he and other coaches hope they realize that.

They will spit you out as fast as they brought you there.

This was year four. Hard to believe, I know.

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
With the number of high profile SEC openings, there is bound to be talk. Cant fault the OP for stirring it up and he had. Very good chance of being right that some sort of deal is in the works to retain him. Arkansas's AD is from Pitt so there is at least a familiarity there, Auburn has the connection too. The SEC is a coaching grave yard though, I can't see it happening as it would take some stones to take a .500 coach at one of these schools. Not that I don't think he is not worthy of such a job, rather their fans all think Urban Meyer should be on their shot lists. I bet Rhoads is on most lists, just would question how high on the radar he is at this point save a prior connection. Texas would be a job I would be worried about, they are in a perfect position to dominate with the talent and resources they have. Lets hope Mack sticks around a while and let's hope Rhoads gets talked about when he does leave as that would mean Iowa state is in a pretty good place relative to where we have been. It will be a tough decision for him though, Danny Mac had a chance to leave if I recall correctly to TCU and look how his loyalty worked out for him.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
We have a brand new state of the art football only facility we have been selling over 53,000 tickets to home games the past two seasons other than money what more does he want? Wait I know a brand new SEZ!!!!! Better get this done Pollard:smile:

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
The OP disappeared. I'm guessing he got kicked off the free computers at the public library, what do you think?

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
The OP disappeared. I'm guessing he got kicked off the free computers at the public library, what do you think?
I think his mom grounded him, the speculation was fun though!! I should have used a bunch of these:jimlad: with my posts.