Recruit List (Online Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I feel like there's no possible way Edozie has a firm offer at this point. I can't imagine him not committing if he did.

Also, with only one ride remaining and lots of time to go I see us waiting to see where more chips fall before we jump

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
I'm wondering if these guys really all have offers or if the coaches are still evaluating. It's not like they're desperate for help in 2013.

If Ejim plans on playing the SF next year which I'm guessing is the case, we badly need another PF/C considering all we have for PF/C are Gibson, Niang, and Amardi.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
There's an event up in Minnesota today and from what I'm reading on twitter, both Vaughn and Jarvis Johnson are kicking butt. It seems like those two are pretty good friends, they're also tweeting to each other.

Reactions: 1 person

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
If Ejim plans on playing the SF next year which I'm guessing is the case, we badly need another PF/C considering all we have is Gibson, Niang, and Amardi.

I know they need another, but it's not so urgent that the coaches need to go out and offer a bunch of bodies in an attempt to get one.

Other than the studs a lot of bigs are pretty raw, and it can only help to have more evaluation time. I think the coaches have identified 4+ guys with potential they are actively recruiting, but they are taking the opportunity to see them play in games this year before deciding which one or two they really want.

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
I know they need another, but it's not so urgent that the coaches need to go out and offer a bunch of bodies in an attempt to get one.

Other than the studs a lot of bigs are pretty raw, and it can only help to have more evaluation time. I think the coaches have identified 4+ guys with potential they are actively recruiting, but they are taking the opportunity to see them play in games this year before deciding which one or two they really want.

Yeah i agree. We could even wait to sign another PF/C until the regular signing period in April/May. All i care about though is that we land someone that can contribute right away next year.

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
Slacking off getting here to post some updates, but kept Twitter going with the latest.

2014 Chris McCullough committed to Syracuse, which takes his off the board for us.

2014 Isaiah Whitehead trimmed his list last night and Iowa State is not on it.

2014 Tyus Jones also trimmed his list and Iowa State was not named, although that shouldn't come as a big surprise to anyone.

Updated the Scholarship Breakdown w/ the latest on Dorsey-Walker red-shirting: Recruit Lists » Scholarship Breakdown

Also, did an update with all the latest commitments and lists from 2013 & 2014 players -

Recruit Lists » 2013 Recruit List

Recruit Lists » 2014 Recruit List

Guetterdone1

Jul 4, 2012
Ames
You should really update each players espn ovrl and position ranking. Also the same for the rivals. Plus the rankings that are in are in the wrong column for the 2014 recruits.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
You should really update each players espn ovrl and position ranking. Also the same for the rivals. Plus the rankings that are in are in the wrong column for the 2014 recruits.

My daughter starts sentences this way. It doesn't end well for her.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Article on Billy Reader from Twin Falls newspaper. it doesnt explicitly state he suffers from a disorder, but he sounds a bit like White's anxiety troubles... as well as just being a dumb freshman - which I'm sure a lot of us went through - myself included.

MagicValley.com - Mobile

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
6'8" Javion Ogunyemi reportedly committed to Siena today. I believe the Cyclones were interested, and even possibly offered.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
i try to simplify things by considering our east coast recruits in two buckets: big time talent who are not interested in us/or get big time offers (lawrence, ennis, mccolough, etc.) or marginal talent who never make it to campus (therefore we're not that interested). if there are kids out that without major offers and we don't get them on campus, we're no longer interested.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
We offered. Perhaps we cooled on him or something.
Javion Ogunyemi - Yahoo! Sports

Ogunyemi suffered a severe ankle injury last winter and didn't play this past summer. As a result, high-majors cooled on him. I figured he would wait and see how he performed this upcoming HS season and see if high-majors like ISU became interested again.

I agree with other posters who say we will likely evaluate post prospects like Reader, the IWCC kid and other JUCO/HS prospects this upcoming season and possibly offer one of them next spring.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
I honestly doubt we do anything with the last open scholarship (probably two open scholarships) until after the season. There are always good recruits who open their recruitment back up once coaches leave or get fired. Plus, it wouldn't surprise me to see us go after another transfer as well.

D

DistrictCyclone

I honestly doubt we do anything with the last open scholarship (probably two open scholarships) until after the season. There are always good recruits who open their recruitment back up once coaches leave or get fired. Plus, it wouldn't surprise me to see us go after another transfer as well.

This is my guess, too. I just don't see anything on the table worth using the scholly for; better to hang onto it.

PS, this is far and away the best thread in CF. So much good information, such little filler.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Agree! I am quite displeased with the recruitment of post players from 2013 and beyond...Like the fact that Coach Hoiberg is going hard after Abu. That kid is a stud, but quite frankly I believe he could get baited by some major east coast schools.

I would like them to re-evaluate Armadi if he continues to average 5 points and 5 fouls a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.