Recruit List (Online Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I would not be concerned with 2013 recruiting until mid summer of next year. Pretty sure we will go hard after some tall post transfers. That would be my guess. Remember you can't recruit transfers until after the season or until they are no longer on there current team.

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
I honestly doubt we do anything with the last open scholarship (probably two open scholarships) until after the season. There are always good recruits who open their recruitment back up once coaches leave or get fired. Plus, it wouldn't surprise me to see us go after another transfer as well.

False. Ejim will play SF next year leaving us with 3 total pf/c's. We will sign a juco post and leave one open. It's only November we have 5 months til both signing periods are over.
Plenty of time and plenty of players left.

K

KFitzy87

False. Ejim will play SF next year leaving us with 3 total pf/c's. We will sign a juco post and leave one open. It's only November we have 5 months til both signing periods are over.
Plenty of time and plenty of players left.
24936423.jpg

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
2013 was a tough year for big men - not that many available, and the few we wanted we didn't get.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I honestly doubt we do anything with the last open scholarship (probably two open scholarships) until after the season. There are always good recruits who open their recruitment back up once coaches leave or get fired. Plus, it wouldn't surprise me to see us go after another transfer as well.

+1

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012
It's looking like Abdul-Malik Abu is favoring UCONN as of now. Of course, things are always fluid with recruiting, just something to keep an eye on.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
It's looking like Abdul-Malik Abu is favoring UCONN as of now. Of course, things are always fluid with recruiting, just something to keep an eye on.

That's disappointing...I really hope he changes over to the cyclones before he's done

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012
That's disappointing...I really hope he changes over to the cyclones before he's done

I think distance is playing a factor here. Not so much because Abu doens't want to play in the Midwest, but moreso because he's been able to develop a better feel for the schools out east being in their own backyard. It's much easier for a player living in New Hampshire to visit UCONN than it is to visit Iowa State. Like I said, nothing is ever set in stone with recruiting, that's just what I've been seeing/hearing.

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012
247Sports has released a top 30 for the 2015 class. Of note to ISU: Henry Ellenson (Forward from Wisconsin) is #27.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
247Sports has released a top 30 for the 2015 class. Of note to ISU: Henry Ellenson (Forward from Wisconsin) is #27.

His brother plays for the Gophers. We might want to hope for some coaching turmoil up there. I think they have an NCAA squad this year though. Henry has plenty other options as well.

CyMyGuy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2012
St. Paul, MN
So (hypothetically), if Edozie signs, like some think he will, and Bubu loses both his trial and scholarship, what happens with that scholarship? Another post? Bank it (hopefully)?

- I'm realizing how frustrated I am Kyle Washington didn't sign here.

-- Hopefully Bubu is innocent and able to stay on

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012
So (hypothetically), if Edozie signs, like some think he will, and Bubu loses both his trial and scholarship, what happens with that scholarship? Another post? Bank it (hopefully)?

In that situation I'm guessing the coaches would bank that scholarship for a monster 2014 class.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
I don't think there is any question CyMyGuy. You go after a post man! If one of our bigs goes down with an injury, whether it be Ejim, Gibson, or Niang the team would not be in a very good position with replacement bigs that we recruited from the JUCO ranks.

CyMyGuy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2012
St. Paul, MN
Yeah I think it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. Jumping the gun a little bit but who's the most likely commit of the stacked 2014 class? I'd love Vaughn obviously, and Custer and Travis would be great as well. Thoughts?

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Yeah I think it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. Jumping the gun a little bit but who's the most likely commit of the stacked 2014 class? I'd love Vaughn obviously, and Custer and Travis would be great as well. Thoughts?

I think Custer is a real possibility.

CyMyGuy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2012
St. Paul, MN
That's the only one I would really guess right now as it's early. Custer seems to like us quite a bit. Hopefully we can pull in another great class like this year's plus a F/C Big transfer possibly.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Let's get Vauhgn, Travis, Custer, and Abu.

Seriously though, right now our best chance for a commit seems to be Custer. I am sure there will be some very good players that would be great gets that we do not yet know about, perhaps a transfer.

CyMyGuy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2012
St. Paul, MN
Let's get Vauhgn, Travis, Custer, and Abu.

Seriously though, right now our best chance for a commit seems to be Custer. I am sure there will be some very good players that would be great gets that we do not yet know about, perhaps a transfer.

Haha I like your style, let's win a national championship while we're at it too. But honestly I just really hope we can bring in two of those guys as the core and supplement the class with others, much like 2013's class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron