Best Shows on TV Right Now?

bstegs

SuperFanatic
Apr 11, 2006
Champaign, IL
Walking Dead anyone? I find this show to be extremely well done. I actually went out and bought the first 48 comics after finishing season 2. Waiting on season 3 and the next 48 (compendium 2).

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Breaking bad, breaking bad, breaking bad. Best show since Lost or Friday Night Lights.

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
Walking Dead anyone? I find this show to be extremely well done. I actually went out and bought the first 48 comics after finishing season 2. Waiting on season 3 and the next 48 (compendium 2).

I'm in for Walking Dead. I did not start watching this show right away because it's not something I would normally like, but it's phenomenal.

AMC and FX are a couple channels I really like.

Breaking Bad - Amazing show
Mad Men - I like the show, but it's not on par with others
Walking Dead - Really good
Always Sunny - It did peak a couple seasons ago
The League - How has no one else mentioned this show? Better than Always Sunny currently
Parks & Rec - Great show. Ron, Andy, and Tom all crack me up.
Homeland - Happened to catch the first season and it's awesome.

Probably a lot more to list, but those jump out.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
Shark Tank (hands down favorite)

My roommate and I really got into this show last year. It is pretty incredible the ideas some people have and to hear their stories. Like the girl that was in middle school and already has a business that grosses over a million in sales. It seems that they always save the best one for the end of the episode, but there are some interesting discussions/fighting between the sharks on those.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
I am addicted to shows on USA Network. I blame Monk for getting me started. Psych is by far my favorite. White Collar. Suits is probably my favorite newer show there. Covert Affairs because Piper Paribo is hot. Burn Notice. Royal Pains
Other shows I enjoy
The Mentalist
Criminal Minds
Parks & Rec
Community
Hawaii 5-0

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
Breaking Bad is my favorite right now, with Dexter a close second. My favorite series of all time might just be Prison Break from a few years back, if you haven't seen it all 4 seasons are on Netflix streaming right now. Amazing.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
In order:
Breaking Bad
Archer
Always Sunny
Wilbur
The League

I loved Curb Your Enthusiasm but that's not on anymore is it?

clonefan10

May 30, 2012
Des Moines
Gotta go with Community. It's just doing things that no one else is doing on TV. To me, when it's at its best, it's like a live-action version of The Simpsons. Mid 90's Simpsons.

Also like Parks and Rec. The first three seasons of 30 Rock are really good. The Newsroom has potential but has a LONG way to go

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
I saw the first season of The Walking Dead on Netflix and really enjoyed it. I haven't seen any of Season 2 yet, I'm hoping it's available on Netflix soon.

Person of Interest really holds my attention as well.

On premium channels, I think The Newsroom is my favorite show out of any that I currently watch.

Cyclones26

May 11, 2010
Denver
Community - Donald Glover is a true talent. (See Gambino, Childish)
Mad Men - Don Draper is Keith Stone smooth and unpredictable.
Always Sunny - ...... Charlie Kelly
The League - Well were all sports junkies here

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
My Favorites at the moment would be:
Walking Dead, Fringe, Game of Thrones, TruBlood, Big Brother, The Burn, Daily Show/Colbert, Big Bang, Archer, South park, Modern Family & Master Chef.
Community was good in the beginning, now it just seems rediculous. I gave it up last season. I will finish the office but it went downhill too. Watched stay at home dads pilot on Hulu. Okay but this direction that comedies have gone where everything is WAY over the top. New girl grew on me though...

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy, Psych, and the Walking Dead are the four that I like the most but these all are cable shows with shorter seasons so the degree of difficulty isn't as high.

In the non cable category:

NCIS: the best procedural out there IMO. The cast works well together.

Modern Family: great cast.

HIMYM: Barney is one of the alltime tv characters. He's Legen..wait for it..dary.

Blue Bloods: I like the cast. Tom Selleck is great on this show.

The only two shows that I can envision breaking into my viewing schedule this year are Last Resort and Revolution. The down side is that there will be no middle ground with these shows. They're either getting canceled before next year or they'll be great. I'll give any tv show Andre Braugher is in a shot.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
1. Breaking Bad
1a. Mad Men
2. Parks and Recreation
3. Archer
4. It's Always Sunny
5. Community
6. Workaholics
Bad shows I can't stop watching- American Horror Story and The Walking Dead

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I like How I Met Your Mother, but im ready for it to be done.