Best Shows on TV Right Now?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I wouldn't say it's a favorite show of mine, but I do like the show Happy Endings. I like all the characters plus it has Jack Bauer's daughter.

InAWord

Nov 16, 2010
Hell On Wheels
Big Bang Theory
White Collar
Psych
Burn Notice
Franklin and Bash
Fast N Loud

For those that never caught, I highly recommend the Canadian sitcom Corner Gas.

Reactions: jdoggivjc

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy, Psych, and the Walking Dead are the four that I like the most but these all are cable shows with shorter seasons so the degree of difficulty isn't as high.

In the non cable category:

NCIS: the best procedural out there IMO. The cast works well together.

Modern Family: great cast.

HIMYM: Barney is one of the alltime tv characters. He's Legen..wait for it..dary.

Blue Bloods: I like the cast. Tom Selleck is great on this show.

The only two shows that I can envision breaking into my viewing schedule this year are Last Resort and Revolution. The down side is that there will be no middle ground with these shows. They're either getting canceled before next year or they'll be great. I'll give any tv show Andre Braugher is in a shot.

Revolution looks AWFUL. I can't get how stupid the whole concept is, because electricity does not work that way.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Everyone knows electricity is magic.

And we'd apparently all still be able to dress in store-bought fashionable clothes after 13 years of being a non-industrial society.

Also, the girls shoots a crossbow! Kids like the Hunger Games, right?

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Revolution looks AWFUL. I can't get how stupid the whole concept is, because electricity does not work that way.

Oh, I get it, all shows have to be realistic! ****, why did I never know that?!? No wonder so many people hated Lost. And Star Trek.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Oh, I get it, all shows have to be realistic! ****, why did I never know that?!? No wonder so many people hated Lost. And Star Trek.

I didn't say that, I said this show in particular seems to have a really stupid concept that doesn't make any sense.

Statsman515

Jun 20, 2009
L A (Lovely Ames)
Winner !!! Hands Down !!!!

images

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX

The issue isn't so much the show being "realistic", as it is being self-consistent. For the most part, Lost and Star Trek are self-consistent within their paradigms. At least from what I've seen in the previews, Revolution isn't. Apparently everybody has forgotten that the industrial revolution was in progress for at least a hundred years before electricity was widespread. Swords and cross-bows...seriously? You don't need electricity to make rifles and ammunition. Steam engine anyone???

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
For dramas, Breaking Bad is the best. Followed by Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, Homeland. I really need to see Justified though I bet it would make the list from what I've heard. Mostly premium channel dramas because they are usually way higher quality, but AMC has been kicking butt as well. Oh, and Walking Dead, might not be at quite the quality of the above shows as far as writing and acting, but cmon, Zombies make up for that!

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
Sons of Anarchy, hands down.....just watched the season premiere....this season could seriously be their best.

Even though it hasn't aired just yet, I love The League too...if you're addicted to fantasy football like I am then this show is absolutely hilarious.

Last edited: