MBB Player Leaves

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Can you fill us in on the reason??

No. I don't know it. I just know the person that told me had no reason to lie to me about it. I had another person ask me about it later. I was surprised to not see it on here.

There's a slim chance it might not be true, like any rumor. Which is why I was hesitant to post.

I need to get back to studying, however. Finals are hectic enough.

Last edited:

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Wow, losing Vette is a big blow, IMO. I thought he had a future on this stage.

As for the people saying for him to 'man up', you need to stop. Some people are not built like you. There are those who would rather spend their lives very near their homes and family, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. He isn't hurting anyone by leaving.

Now, if he transfers to Iowa or an out of state school after this, I'll be singing a different tune.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Wow, losing Vette is a big blow, IMO. I thought he had a future on this stage.

As for the people saying for him to 'man up', you need to stop. Some people are not built like you. There are those who would rather spend their lives very near their homes and family, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. He isn't hurting anyone by leaving.

Now, if he transfers to Iowa or an out of state school after this, I'll be singing a different tune.

He is close to home and family in Ames as far as I am concerned. Guess its a bit too far to walk, but can drive home and back every weekend if he wanted...no problem. Like I said..to each his own. I'm not built that way.

MaxPower57

Mar 30, 2006
Well there goes Lucca's roommate and close friend. Idk what to think about this, if he goes to a JC or like Wartburg then fine, but if he ends up bein a Hawk or Panther wtf

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Ok - if true, a bunch of you need to lighten up on the kid.

Being away from home to a major university isn't for everyone. How many kids from your freshman dorm floor where mysteriously absent come spring semester? I'd say anywhere from a quarter to a third of mine. It's a major transition for alot of kids.

Compound that with being a D1 athlete. Combination of alot of things could lead to this.

Not to mention - better to have it happen now, than him hang around for another year or so and have more time and scholarship wasted on him, like some other recent players who bailed in year 2 or 3.

Best of luck to him.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I wish him the best of luck as well if it is true.

I predict he will regret the decision (if true) down the road. Seemed like a decent kid.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Vette was expected to leave at the end of the second semester but things apparently moved up.

Luke3485

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines
I thought when he decommited from Indiana State there was a stipulation that he couldn't go to another Missouri Valley school. If he is leaving would he even be allowed to go to UNI?

C

Cyclone42

Why? Why is Vette leaving? If it is homesickness, that is seriously weak.

I don't get the 'homesickness' thing. I took a look at his recruiting class; it included kids from California, New Hampshire, and Texas. How far is Waverly, Iowa, from Ames? Not very far, from a quick look at a map. Heck, I'm from Council Bluffs, which is a lot further away, and I still got to go home as often as I liked when I was at ISU.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Vette was expected to leave at the end of the second semester but things apparently moved up.

A) If he wants to go home, family is important. I just hope he knows all the opportunities he has at Iowa State.

B) He probably doens't like being behind Brackins, Jiri, Alex Thompson, Cory Johnson ect.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Isn't the end of the semester in 2 days. I would assume he is almost done with all classes so his semester would be over now.

2nd semester is typically spring semester since his first was THIS fall.