LSU makes huge jump

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
Quoted from USA Today of 3/15/12, page 5A. LSU is raising parking prices by up to 90% for on campus parking for football games. Season ticket holders were paying somewhere around $40-$50 PER GAME, now going up to $75-$100 PER GAME. RV's WERE PAYING SOMEWHERE AROUND $130 -$260 PER GAME , NOW GOING TO $250-$500 PER GAME. THAT'S RIGHT PER GAME AND THEY HAVE TO BUY FOR THE WHOLE SEASON OF EIGHT GAMES, NO SINGLE GAMES. Season ticket holders have till March 31 to reserve their parking passes.

I think our reserved parking prices of $50 for cars and $100 for RV's is very good compared to LSU.

Wondering what the conditions are at LSU to charge that much per game.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
That's too much. Sure they can charge whatever certain people are willing to pay, but college football shouldn't be just about money. You're only allowing certain people to attend your games-- the rich!

my two cents

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
That's too much. Sure they can charge whatever certain people are willing to pay, but college football shouldn't be just about money. You're only allowing certain people to attend your games-- the rich!

my two cents

Ummmmmm....it's now 15 cents to be able to give your opinion.

Although, I'll chip in the extra 13 for a larger view of that avatar. :yes::yes:

Reactions: besserheimerphat

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
why raise the price of the pass? if demand is that much higher, why not just base it on donations. Just list an anticipated cutoff to receive a pass and let that drive who gets spots.

Then again, it seemed like a pretty successful season on swamp people so maybe LSU is just getting their cut.

TallKidIsTall

Mar 4, 2012
Fairfield

my two cents

its a sad reality but it makes sense business wise.

if your demand is that high then the laws of supply and demand tell you to raise the prices. if it weeds out the less fortunate people from attending live games, so be it

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I can see paying 50 bucks per game for parking at JTS, when you factor in an entire days worth of entertainment.

But 100 per game seems a bit much.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron