Playing to the level of our competition

C

CyBer

Yep, that's what happens when our coach doesn't jump down their throats.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Yeah, pretty bad showing. I really can't even excuse RW not being in the lineup today. We had an 18 point lead without him and ended up winning by 2.

If I'm CFH I'm locking the gym and keeping the whole team there until every player has made ten free throws. That was a ridiculous and pathetic showing at the FT line today.

At this rate we'll be lucky to win 6 games in the Big 12.

CYclist

Mar 17, 2006
We play sloppy and lazy. It isn't to the level of our competition. MVSU played hard and ran an offense. If we'd played to that level, we would have drilled them today. Instead, we were the bad while they were disciplined. Scary thought as conference play starts. Still time to turn it around, but similar effort will not win many more games.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I hate to write it, but I'm starting to develop a small but palpable level of hate for Chris Allen. His shot selection at times makes LeRon Dendy look like an Oxford scholar.

Reactions: ISUAgronomist

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I hate to write it, but I'm starting to develop a small but palpable level of hate for Chris Allen. His shot selection at times makes LeRon Dendy look like an Oxford scholar.
While Chris Allen's shot selection is poor, lets not put him on the same level of LeRon just yet. His ill advised shot against UNI a few years ago cost us that game.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls

My brother and I used to joke that McD made Charles Boozer switch from #0 to #4 that way he knew how many passes should be made in the offense before throwing up a shot.

I guess the same could be said for Allen.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
What gets me is that the guys show that they have the talent. They build a big lead in so many of these games, and then get completely disinterested. We lack a floor leader to help guys get in line, and we can't summon up the interest again once it slips away.

It just isn't an enjoyable team to watch. You enjoy building the lead while knowing that it's going to slip away because we don't care enough.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
What gets me is that the guys show that they have the talent. They build a big lead in so many of these games, and then get completely disinterested. We lack a floor leader to help guys get in line, and we can't summon up the interest again once it slips away.

It just isn't an enjoyable team to watch. You enjoy building the lead while knowing that it's going to slip away because we don't care enough.

Yep called it yesterday that we would see much of the same. Sickens me.