***OFFICIAL ISU-Iowa Post Game Thread***

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
This team really responds to White. When he comes out fired up, it rubs off on everyone else, and vice versa. I feel like Fred needs to challenge him a little more and get him to keep his intensity up the whole game.

Reactions: LostinIowaCity

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Babb needs to find a way to contribute when he isn't launching 3's. B12 teams are going to shut him down, he is way too easy to defend right now. And when he isn't scoring he is worthless right now.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Good win! The score doesn't show it but we stomped them.

Considering the fouls were nearly even, rebounds were nearly even, turnovers WERE even, I'd consider the score was right about where it should be. ISU shot better from the field, but Iowa closed the gap in the 2nd half.

Last edited:

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I'm ****** that we didn't bury little brother by 35+. We are certainly 35 points better in talent.

Maybe...remember these are two bottom feeder teams from the Big 10 and Big 12. I have seen nothing from ISU that indicates anything better than a 6-12 conference record. We may finish ahead of Tech? Anyone else?

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
Pretty poor officiating and a lack of effort in the second half.

Great to get the win though!

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I just want to see what we can do when we put together an entire 40 minutes of good basketball.

The 1st half was what I expected out of this team all year. Then the 2nd half had to start. Uggh.

We were up by 21 pts at the half and I said to myself that we need to win this game by 30+ pts. If we can win the 1st half by 21, we can certainly win the 2nd half by 9 or more, even if we let up a bit, was my thinking. Never in my dreams did I think it would get down to 8 pts. No reason for that IMO.

I thought the refs were ok, but Iowa did get the benefit of a lot of ticky tack fouls called on ISU.

Paul Doerrfeld announcing the game nailed it IMO when he talked about how we needed to break Iowa's 2nd half press. We always got ourselves into the corner when we crossed the half court line, which is bad enough, but then we never had anyone flash to the middle which was wide open. As Paul kept saying, if someone would flash to that open spot, we'd probably end up with a dunk on most occassions.

This team just HAS to develop a killer attitude to have any kind of success in the Big 12 IMO. If you're up by 10, you need to make it 20. If you're up by 20, you need to make it 30, and so on. Royce was almost non-existant in the 2nd half it seemed like. He played his rear end off to get us up by 21 at the half, and then seemed to put it in cruise control the 2nd half. That won't work in the Big 12 Royce. You gotta come 100% every time down. And the lazy defense and lazy passes came back in the 2nd half too.... just like we've been playing most of the year.

Fred just needs to get this team to bring it for 40 minutes and we'll be just fine. If we hadn't let up tonight, we win by 35+ IMO.

Reactions: Clones21

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Considering the fouls were nearly even, rebounds were nearly even, turnovers WERE even, I'd consider the score was right about where it should be. ISU shot better from the field, but Iowa closed the gap in the 2nd half.
Thats on paper. Watching the game ISU controlled the game for the most part. Played sloppy at times, but Iowa just looked like horse ****. They are bad bad bad.

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
Most boring game ever?

It was pretty fast paced at the beginning and ISU raced out to a big early lead. But after that? OMG. The refs slowed it down sooo much that it was really hard to watch. I know you guys won so it was a little better for you, but man....it was ugly. A stoppage every 15-20 seconds it seemed. ISU would get a ticky-tac foul and then they would call a make-up call on the other end of the floor right away. Awful stuff.

BTW, the game got a lot suckier when ISU stopped going to RW. Is he 40? Cuz he is a MAN.

Anyway, boring as all get out, but good game Clones. Well deserved win.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Re: Most boring game ever?

The 1st half was fun to watch. The refs ruined the 2nd half.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006

1st half was great from the ISU perspective.

The 2nd half was difficult to watch. The refs were so unbearable early on. I almost stopped watching because it was so annoying but I knew Iowa was capable of coming back so I stuck with it.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls

It's big time college basketball. The refs just needed to let everything play out and stop anticipating calls. I felt you couldn't look at another player without getting a foul called at one point in the 2nd half.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Thats on paper. Watching the game ISU controlled the game for the most part. Played sloppy at times, but Iowa just looked like horse ****. They are bad bad bad.

Bad bad bad enough to pull within 8 with 38 seconds left.

Sorry to tell you, ISU and Iowa aren't that far apart. The 2nd half of the game showed ISU has a lot of weaknesses, and it wasn't a fluke that Iowa got back in the game. Iowa simply started making shots that they were missing in the first half.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Bad bad bad enough to pull within 8 with 38 seconds left.

Sorry to tell you, ISU and Iowa aren't that far apart. The 2nd half of the game showed ISU has a lot of weaknesses, and it wasn't a fluke that Iowa got back in the game. Iowa simply started making shots that they were missing in the first half.

The thing is Iowa was playing their balls off and ISU wasnt playing very hard.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Maybe...remember these are two bottom feeder teams from the Big 10 and Big 12. I have seen nothing from ISU that indicates anything better than a 6-12 conference record. We may finish ahead of Tech? Anyone else?
So far I would agree and that prediction might be optimistic right now but this team still could get a lot better. We just aren't there yet right now, but who know by January or February this team could end up being much improved from what they are right now.