Bowl Situation Thread

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
What??? Have you been to NYC??

What does that have to do with anything. I was making an analogy. If i'm paying $30 for food, there's much more value if you're getting a good steak out of it than getting a cheeseburger. Likewise, if i'm dropping $1k on a trip to a bowl game, i'm getting a lot more for my money on a trip to somewhere else than i'm getting when im in NYC.

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Way too over annalyzed.... Conspiracy I'm sure.. LOL Some people need to quit being so negative- I'm sure CPR isn't. Wrong kind of passion people. Grow up !

No conspiracy, just looking like thay are not expecting us to sell a lot of tickets..

canker2323

Oct 22, 2006
What Cheer, IA
No kidding. The flight there might be a little tough. The hotel would probably be the most expensive part of the trip. There are plenty of reasonable places to eat. And you get get anywhere in the city quickly on the subway for a couple bucks.

NYC is the best place to visit in the US (with Vegas very close behind). The women seem to be more aggressive at the bars/clubs there too, it's great.

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
Alright... Everyone is excited that we are going to a bowl game and it is an impressive accomplishment given we are going to have the toughest (at worst 2nd toughest) schedule in the nation.

However, at the same time you can still be disappointed in having a bowl game in NYC compared to all of the other destinations to choose from. Does anyone remember the Pinstripe Bowl from last year? Having to play one-way due to the field setup, I assume they will have that fixed for this year...

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
What does that have to do with anything. I was making an analogy. If i'm paying $30 for food, there's much more value if you're getting a good steak out of it than getting a cheeseburger. Likewise, if i'm dropping $1k on a trip to a bowl game, i'm getting a lot more for my money on a trip to somewhere else than i'm getting when im in NYC.

Spoken like someone who has probably never been there and has chosen to listen only to the people that has told him that it sucks.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Alright... Everyone is excited that we are going to a bowl game and it is an impressive accomplishment given we are going to have the toughest (at worst 2nd toughest) schedule in the nation.

However, at the same time you can still be disappointed in having a bowl game in NYC compared to all of the other destinations to choose from. Does anyone remember the Pinstripe Bowl from last year? Having to play one-way due to the field setup, I assume they will have that fixed for this year...

Exactly. Thank you

vortex

Jan 30, 2010
A lot of ungrateful sallies on this board. Most of you all upset about the bowl situation are the same posters who predicted a 3-4 win season. This is an excellent opportunity for this team and for the Cyclone program.
Be happy for any bowl, this is a 6-6 team, 6-6 teams go to this level of bowl games. This is what you build on and strive to make it to the next level.

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
No conspiracy, just looking like thay are not expecting us to sell a lot of tickets..

I would imagine that Rutgers did get a bigger allotment, look at the locations of teams. Rutgers which is a litterally a jog over on the turnpike (probably 45 minutes with traffic) or Iowa State which is 1133 miles away. Rutgers is going to sell more tickets, not because they have more fans or are a better traveling fan base, but because the game is literally in their backyard.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Spoken like someone who has probably never been there and has chosen to listen only to the people that has told him that it sucks.

Yeah, no, i've been there, and ive had the opportunity to travel many places, pretty extensively. Its an alright, but not great city, when the weather is warm. Id rather go many other places before there, especially during colder times of year.

IMO, People who love NYC (especially locals) hype it up about as much as CBS hypes up the SEC. Its an alright city, but it isnt this amazing place either. And most northern cities arent places id want to pay to spend time in in late december.

Last edited:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Exactly.

Though i think that field setup problem was a different game, wasnt it?

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site

That was NW vs Illinois at Wrigley.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
I'm sure you could find a $30 hamburger in NYC if you hunted for it ..................... A good $30 dollar steak on every corner. Go support the team or stop complaining. NYC is not the typical bowl and that is what excites me --- greatest city in the USA.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Yeah, no, i've been there, and ive had the opportunity to travel many places, pretty extensively. Its an alright, but not great city, when the weather is warm. Id rather go many other places before there, especially during colder times of year.

IMO, People who love NYC (especially locals) hype it up about as much as CBS hypes up the SEC.

So people shouldn't have pride in the place they're from? How do you react to people who like to rip on people who live in Iowa, because you sound about as snobbish as them right now...

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I'm sure you could find a $30 hamburger in NYC if you hunted for it ..................... A good $30 dollar steak on every corner. Go support the team or stop complaining. NYC is not the typical bowl and that is what excites me --- greatest city in the USA.

Ive tried explaining this. I wasnt referring to an actual hamburger. Put a different way, if you're paying $30 for food, you wouldnt feel the money was well spent if you spend it on a cheeseburger, but if you spent it on a steak you wouldnt feel bad about it.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
So people shouldn't have pride in the place they're from? How do you react to people who like to rip on people who live in Iowa, because you sound about as snobbish as them right now...

Nothing wrong with people having pride from an area, but everyone from there (including you, apparently) expects everyone to have the same view or theyre 'some full of **** idiot that's never been there'

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
I'm sure you could find a $30 hamburger in NYC if you hunted for it ..................... A good $30 dollar steak on every corner. Go support the team or stop complaining. NYC is not the typical bowl and that is what excites me --- greatest city in the USA. It's all about supporting the team for me.................... people who bad mouth NYC and keep fans from going are hurting CPR and the team.

Cyclonefan89

Oct 25, 2010
Ankeny
i too, would be upset if we go to the pinstripe bowl and not somewhere warmer. but you could find just as many things to do in NY as, if not more, than anywhere else. plus it would be cool to go to yankee stadium

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
Nothing wrong with people having pride from an area, but everyone from there (including you, apparently) expects everyone to have the same view or theyre 'some full of **** idiot that's never been there'
It's about ISU fans going and supporting the team -- your shallow "Me Me" outlook may persuade people not to go ........ I can't allow stupid stereotypes to get in the way of reality.