Bowl Situation Thread

C

CyBer

Part of "afford" is what you get for said dollar. Both trips get a football game but one offers much more for the given dollar(s). I can afford both but the return on investment is only good enough to pull the trigger on the Holiday Bowl option.

What exactly is different? What were you going to buy in California that would be much more expensive in New York?

C

CyBer

Pinkel had LSU and Bama as 1 & 2. Says the BCS should match the two best and it worked this year. Shouldn't be surprised that he would stick a middle finger up to the B12 but this pisses me off.
It's going to seem like bama is good when you suck against them next year.

drose1

Apr 2, 2010
Chicago
This **** sucks, no one I know is going but there was a **** load of people that would have went to any other place.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
Did you go to Shreveport? I went both times and had a great time. Missouri is playing North Carolina down there. Better. Won't go to New York. Just how it is.
I'll be there supporting our team. Life is what you make it........expect a bad time and you will get it.

Reactions: cyhawkdmb
C

CyBer

Extended stay as a family vacation...ocean, tan, etc.

So you can't have a family vacation in New York? And I'm pretty sure the Ocean is close. Also, you can go see a ton of cool stuff in New York. I'm sure your family would love it.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
So you can't have a family vacation in New York? And I'm pretty sure the Ocean is close. Also, you can go see a ton of cool stuff in New York. I'm sure your family would love it.

I'd bet thousands of dollars that my family wouldn't love it. I'd be OK with it but not my teenaged girls.

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
It's only more expensive if you insist on enjoying the highest luxury available.

Plenty of places to eat for cheap in NYC, and you can easily get hotels in totally safe/'nice' areas for <$150 a night if you're willing to drive or take transit to the game. Book it.

San Diego and San Francisco are just as expensive, unless you are looking to stay at the Plaza or something in NYC. And yeah obviously the weather is better in SD but it's also sprawled out like crazy and driving anywhere is a nightmare.

Sorry but you are wrong about San Diego. Yes it is spread out, but New York is not? Much easier to get around San Diego by car than New York. ( By the way I went to high School in San Diego) Also, much easier to get around in nice weather than crappy weather. San Diego also has Trolly service to the stadium, as I am sure New York has Subway service to Yankee Stadium. My guess is traffic and getting around would be harder, and more expensive in New York than San Diego.

C

CyBer

I'd bet thousands of dollars that my family wouldn't love it. I'd be OK with it but not my teenaged girls.
I'll admit that I don't know your family, but really? Girls love New York for all the shopping. My girlfriend is going there soon and is super excited.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I'll admit that I don't know your family, but really? Girls love New York for all the shopping. My girlfriend is going there soon and is super excited.

The last thing our family needs to do at the end of December is shop. I'm not taking a family vacation to hit the stores. Gotta have rules. :)

I'm fine with NYC but not in the winter.

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
What I find interesting about the tickets is that by my estimate, and I looked at pictures and Seating Charts, but it seems that ISU was given very few good seats($110 and $115 seats) maybe 3000 total. So either thay are not expecting us to sell alot, or they expect us to sell a crapload of the $45 seats. You know the ones that will be up high in the wind in the 20 to 30 degree weather. There seems to be alot more good seats than are avalible to the teams, I would be interested to see what Rutgers allotment is, and if all those other seats are going to sponsors? Almost seems like they already know the ISU turnout will be not so good. Any other thoughts on this. Plus just looked at this but the $100 seats and the EndZone section seating say limited avalibitity so even less seats than I first thought.

Cyclone15

Aug 21, 2007
Ankeny
What I find interesting about the tickets is that by my estimate, and I looked at pictures and Seating Charts, but it seems that ISU was given very few good seats($110 and $115 seats) maybe 3000 total. So either thay are not expecting us to sell alot, or they expect us to sell a crapload of the $45 seats. You know the ones that will be up high in the wind in the 20 to 30 degree weather. There seems to be alot more good seats than are avalible to the teams, I would be interested to see what Rutgers allotment is, and if all those other seats are going to sponsors? Almost seems like they already know the ISU turnout will be not so good. Any other thoughts on this. Plus just looked at this but the $100 seats and the EndZone section seating say limited avalibitity so even less seats than I first thought.

Way too over annalyzed.... Conspiracy I'm sure.. LOL Some people need to quit being so negative- I'm sure CPR isn't. Wrong kind of passion people. Grow up !

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
What??? Have you been to NYC??

No kidding. The flight there might be a little tough. The hotel would probably be the most expensive part of the trip. There are plenty of reasonable places to eat. And you get get anywhere in the city quickly on the subway for a couple bucks.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
The last thing our family needs to do at the end of December is shop. I'm not taking a family vacation to hit the stores. Gotta have rules. :)

I'm fine with NYC but not in the winter.

Cydkar, I found you a new avatar.

images

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
A lot of ungrateful sallies on this board. Most of you all upset about the bowl situation are the same posters who predicted a 3-4 win season. This is an excellent opportunity for this team and for the Cyclone program.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Debbie... debbie ?? is this debbie ? Debbie downer... please. Boo whoo.. Kleenex aisle 9.

I'm not complaining in the least. I just stated why I'm not going but I'm OK with it. I can't wrap my brain around a cold weather bowl game no matter what it costs and that's my issue. I'm not leaving frigid Iowa for another frigid destination.

The fact that we are in a bowl game is good enough for me. I'm just passing on this one. there will be more.