Dash Cam Video of Pinkels Arrest

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
It's a shame they're leaving the conference.

E..F...G...H...R...would be an epic chant.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Maybe he is telling the truth, maybe he's just not smart enough to know the alphabet or how to count :jimlad:

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
Honest question.

Why do they put you through a field test? Seems like they always make the person blow, whether they past or not.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Honest question.

Why do they put you through a field test? Seems like they always make the person blow, whether they past or not.

Justifies asking for you to submit to the breathalyzer.

*edit...* read the whole post, I guess. I can't comment on making them blow if they passed the field test, never heard of that, never been thru it.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
my advice.... decline ALL tests.

-keep

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Justifies asking for you to submit to the breathalyzer.

*edit...* read the whole post, I guess. I can't comment on making them blow if they passed the field test, never heard of that, never been thru it.

I've seen this, had a friend pass all the test and still have to blow. THe test are given to provide more proof of your intoxication. There is no situation where they can actually help you, its always lose-lose.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Its actually great advice if you know you're prob gonna blow over.. Buys you more time as they'd have to take you to the police station and administer it there, could buy you an half hour at least to get under the limit

You can get out of the DUI by doing this and "lawyering" up, that can get you out of the criminal court part but the DOT will hammer you whether the court finds you innocent or guilty.

ianuni57

Nov 28, 2007
Central Iowa
Honest question.

The field sobriety tests are all attention divided tests. A person in a normal condition can do multiple things at once, like "stand with your feet together and arms down to your side and listen to the instructions". A person who is impaired the it is brain typically focuses on one thing, therefore it is hard to pass those tests impaired.

I do believe the breathalyzers are not allowed in court,they are just part of the whole process. The blood tests at hospitals and intoxilyzer machine at most police departments are the final key to the puzzle.

That's just a quick complicated answer.

Schfinkter

Dec 3, 2008
Dandy's House
You can get out of the DUI by doing this and "lawyering" up, that can get you out of the criminal court part but the DOT will hammer you whether the court finds you innocent or guilty.

True statement, DOT will still take your license but it'll save you from having an owi on your record

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
Just because you refuse the test doesn't mean you won't be convicted of OWI plus you will still be arrested.

Best plan is to not be a dumb *** and don't drink and drive.

CycloneJL

Jun 14, 2010
Cedar Falls
Here's a longer video. Includes his attorney talking to the arresting officer while Pinkel is handcuffed in the back seat.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TS7f3PgDso]Boone County Sheriff's dashcam video of Gary Pinkel's arrest - YouTube[/ame]