Ferentz to PSU?

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
You are saying Ferentz would have covered up child molestation charges. You stay classy.

Yeah, i mean didn't kf immediately get in touch with the law enforcement after he heard about the events that were alleged to have gone on in the party room? Or did he move djk in there, knowing full well the kid would probably clean up any evidence?

Please remind me about the details with that, I seem to have forgotten. Also, didn't kf and the athletic department just sit on things for weeks or longer before being prompted to actually do something by the accuser's mother?

Go Hawks!

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Why would he want to step into that mess? I realize he is from PA but c'mon.

THIS...

Let's see...I can stay where I am and make millions of dollars or I can go to a school where they are in the middle of a MAJOR chlid sex abuse case and make less.

Hmmm...let me think on that for about .01 seconds.

IowaSTATCyclone

Dec 4, 2009
Penn State's going to be lucky to get Lane Kiffin to step in and clean things up: even he's got standards.

As for Ferentz? Dream on. No coach with that much standing would ever wade into that cesspool right now. Even if you doubled his salary. No way.

Now, had Jo Pa stepped down in '04, and Ferentz replaced him at that time, I have no doubt that Ferentz would handle the institutional blowback now with a combination of silence and vague awareness (his standard mode w/ scandal), but he'd make it work like a charm, since he wouldn't have been a part of the dysfunctional "chain of command" at the time.

The replacement for Joe Pa is going to be someone who plays the "eyes wide open" card way better than Ferentz does.

He's not going anywhere, and he'd be crazy to do otherwise.

He has an adoring fanbase that is 100% behind him whenever he wins a game, millions in the bank, and almost a .500 record against his in-state rival.

Okay, maybe it feels like shaky ground some days, but under no circumstances does it make the job of cleaning up pedophilia in any way more attractive.

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
Yeah, i mean didn't kf immediately get in touch with the law enforcement after he heard about the events that were alleged to have gone on in the party room? Or did he move djk in there, knowing full well the kid would probably clean up any evidence?

Please remind me about the details with that, I seem to have forgotten. Also, didn't kf and the athletic department just sit on things for weeks or longer before being prompted to actually do something by the accuser's mother?

Go Hawks!

Yeah, they went to trial and I'm pretty sure he was put in jail. In fact, he has actually done a decent job coaching from his prison cell.

Oh wait, since Iowa runs the state they paid off the cops (who were Iowa fans, so it didn't matter) and everyone ran scott free through the meadows skipping and humming their way down the yellow brick road.

You amaze me.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Probably won't be Ferentz but I'm sure Penn State knows they will have to pay their next coach way more than JoPa.

TRZA

Mar 4, 2009
West Side of Des Moines
Done deal, money in the bank, as good as gone, the guy practically lives in PA right now, he says he is on a recruiting trip but we all know better, he turned down the Houston Texans five years ago just for this, history of head coaching changes, loves the smell of State College in the morning, can't wait to escape his current situation, fans don't want him here anyway, they will do better without him.....

IowaSTATCyclone

Dec 4, 2009
This isn't a big secret or anything.

Here it is from ESPN back in '07:

I've sat on this a couple days waiting for some third-party corroboration and now I have it: Kirk Ferentz has been offered the Michigan job. The general feeling is he will turn it down out of fidelity to Iowa, in case you were thinking of making a late-night run to Ann Arbor (or Iowa City) Torch & Pitchfork. I do realize that this -- unlike the Lloyd thing -- is unlikely to ever be publicly acknowledged if Ferentz turns it down, but this comes from someone in a position to know, and how. The third-party corroboration comes from a couple Iowa insiders reporting things afoot that, unfortunately, I am not at liberty to disclose.

Suffice it to say that Wednesday's post on Ferentz not making sense and this being a weird rumor is withdrawn: there's a real chance he's the next coach.

Last edited:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I'm guessing it's only a matter of time until these rumors start...will be fun to watch Iowa fans squirm.
Hell, yes.:realmad: He says he runs a clean shop. :wideeyed:No pedos in IC. :spinny:Then we can book Pelini to move to IC with Barney.:eek: Perhaps Dan McC might get a shot also at IC.:shocked:

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Yeah, they went to trial and I'm pretty sure he was put in jail. In fact, he has actually done a decent job coaching from his prison cell.

Oh wait, since Iowa runs the state they paid off the cops (who were Iowa fans, so it didn't matter) and everyone ran scott free through the meadows skipping and humming their way down the yellow brick road.

You amaze me.

Your ignorance of what goes on, and how things get done in Iowa in regards to Iowa Athletics amazes me. Oh well.

Here, let me amaze you some more:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-DuonV3DWE&feature=related]ISU vs Iowa 2011 Winning Play - YouTube[/ame]

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
Didn't Iowa have a mess related to the handling of an alleged rape that resulted in a couple of administrative people getting fired?

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
Your ignorance of what goes on, and how things get done in Iowa in regards to Iowa Athletics amazes me. Oh well.

Here, let me amaze you some more:

ISU vs Iowa 2011 Winning Play - YouTube

That was amazing. Great play. Actually something related to football, albeit having nothing to do with this thread.

You take a Ferentz to PSU question and turn it into "well, if KF were there he would shove it under the rug as well because he is a scum bag." That is what amazes me.

Sounds like you have some solid intel into the Iowa Athletic Program. One of the worst in the country, it sounds like. You must have sources deep inside the program. Heck, if you know all of these bad things going on you better go to the authorities...you wouldn't want to get into trouble for not!