Ferentz to PSU?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Jim Tressel. He knows how to win and have scandals at same time.

Rick Neuheisel - he is a lawyer and a coach.

Mike Stoops - he is unemployed.

Dan McCarney - squeeky clean.

Bobby Bowden - he can recruit Florida.

Marty Shottenheimer - likes Big 10 style.

Bo Pelini - he needs a new start.

egunzy

Mar 16, 2008
Humeston, IA
you're bragging about having a losing record to Iowa, which is hilarious. Don't act like ISU would always beat those teams that you are making fun of Iowa losing to, that's part of what makes college football so interesting to watch, you never know what can happen, that's why they play the game right? For a long time the big 12 north was a joke and ISU could never even get it done then either, so maybe quit ******* about how hard the big 12 is and maybe just start to compete in the conference that you want so badly to be in. Most Iowa fans know that the big 10 is down and has been for awhile but there is nothing you can do but play who is on your schedule, these things seem to go in cycles, I just hope players and coaches don't **** and moan as much as fans do about how hard or easy a schedule is. I can't disagree about the negative things that have happened in the program, it's embarrassing, but some of you need to get your heads out of the clouds and realize that ISU is not perfect either, and you never know what is going to happen or has already happened that hasn't came out yet(ie PSU).

Um, how about you try some reading comprehension. ISU has 7 wins and 6 losses against King Kirk. That is not a losing record just in case you are mathematically challenged as well....

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006

Check again on Dan McCarney. Not squeaky clean, my friend.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
No head coach that has a job now will take that mess. If you are a bright star asst, you wont take that job.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
That would be an interesting hire and someone the Penn State needs to get in order to restore their imagine. Here's the million (or 3-4.5) dollar question, does he want to get back into coaching? I think that he may want to at the college level, since he is the type of coach that would want to mold young men.

At this point, a coach that wants to mold them rather than hold them is an improvement.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area

Check again on Dan McCarney. Not squeaky clean, my friend.

Yeaahhhh, not so much. It blew over at ISU, but not at PSU, not now. Wait, now that I read the whole list...were you missing a Jimlad?

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
It's a common form of jealousy.

Wow, you are really betraying your hawk ness....again...

The worst part about that rape cover up that happened in the ic ad was that the VICTIM did not even know that a second RAPIST FOOTBALL player had RAPED her, until the ad told her after completing the investigation....

Think about that, the ad investigated the RAPE, told her she was RAPED not ONCE, but TWICE, and they DID NOT call the POLICE either. In FACT, they encouraged her to follow interdepartmental procedures....

I think you should probably stop. I am starting to look at you in the same manner as any of the other ignorant inbreds that come on a CYCLONE site to defend deflect and dodge any and all negative hawk stories.

I can't wait until you use the old "well it happens everywhere line," that will complete the journey for you.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
No head coach that has a job now will take that mess. If you are a bright star asst, you wont take that job.

Disagree. Following the legend of Joe Pa would make it hard. But the legend is now tarnished. The resources available at Penn State are unbelievable. It is a very good job. Actually one of the best.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
Yep, it's very hard to accept winning.

You can say what makes you feel better but there are a lot of "issues" most Clone fans would put up with to be a winning program and you know it. Nice try though.

So what you are saying then, my inbred hawk friend, is that you know that there is a LOT of **** that has gone on under dear ol kirkie the scum that is outright disgusting. But, you have no integrity, and all that matters is winning....

THANK YOU for being the first inbred hawk fan to ever be candid enough to admit these things.

NOW, I would hope that whenever any of your inbrethren go on and on all outraged at another school having problems with off the field incidents, that you go remind those mouth breathers that it is only about wins.

I am sure that you would trade your left nut to have Miami's success, or even Penn State's at this point. Admission is the first step towards healing....

Now go spread the word amongst the trailer parks, and cardboard box communities where most of these "people" dwell and let them know that it IS ok to be CANDID....

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I am not sure Penn State is one of the "sought after storied" football programs. Joe has been on the sidelines over 60 years (46 as head coach). Penn State is Joe State. It has been all about Joe. Over the last decade, Penn State has been living with memories of their past greatness. We have no idea if it will survive with the departure of Joe.

Joepa's salary finally went above $500,000 this past year...PSU will really need to step it up to attract a name brand. A lot of money will need to be spent to pay for the damages resulting from this scandal. I don't know if they will be able to afford a big name.

I don't think any big name coach would consider leaving their program for this mess.

I don't think Captain Kirk will not step into this...not a good situation for anyone.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
Read an article about possible names to replace Houston Nutt at Ole Miss, so some of these names might apply (some are southern boys, so they might not be interested):

A-list
Gus Malzahn
Mike Leach
Rich Rodriguez

B-list
Paul Petrino - Illinois OC
Kevin Sumlin - Houston HC
Kirby Smart - Alabama DC
June Jones - SMU HC

C-list
Larry Fedora - Southern Miss HC
Chad Morris - Clemson OC

prdhawk

Dec 29, 2008
knoxville
Um, how about you try some reading comprehension. ISU has 7 wins and 6 losses against King Kirk. That is not a losing record just in case you are mathematically challenged as well....
sorry, i was talking big picture i guess, not just kirk....