I give it 3 years b4 Missouri wants to come back to B12

cyclonefan1983

Feb 12, 2009
I think Missouri's best chance ever to compete for conference championships is in the Big 12 and not the $EC so I will give it a few years b4 they come crying back....

PS... Any of their fans going to be upset that they have to travel a longer distance to get to conference championships.. Missouri has had Big 12 Tournament in its own state and they want to leave....hahaha

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
I think Missouri's best chance ever to compete for conference championships is in the Big 12 and not the $EC so I will give it a few years b4 they come crying back....

PS... Any of their fans going to be upset that they have to travel a longer distance to get to conference championships.. Missouri has had Big 12 Tournament in its own state and they want to leave....hahaha

That is why they are from the "Show Me" state . . . they are going to be "showed" some Southern hospitality . . and showed where they belong in the new pecking order. The rest of the SEC is licking its chops right now . . with a little ole pat on their collective Missouri heads. LOL

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
From the football standpoint, they can still make go bowling: give them 3 cupcakes non-conference games. Realistically they stand a chance to beat Vanderbilt and Kentucky as well as A&M - as these teams are in the SEC West division. That should be enough to make it 6-6 to go bowling (SEC has 9 bowl allotments). If they can surprise one for the SEC East teams like Ole Miss or Miss. State, they probably can go to a good bowl.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
From the football standpoint, they can still make go bowling: give them 3 cupcakes non-conference games. Realistically they stand a chance to beat Vanderbilt and Kentucky as well as A&M - as these teams are in the SEC West division. That should be enough to make it 6-6 to go bowling (SEC has 9 bowl allotments). If they can surprise one for the SEC East teams like Ole Miss or Miss. State, they probably can go to a good bowl.

Ive heard Mizzou will be in the SEC East?

Tredici

Mar 2, 2011
West Des Moines
I give it about 365 days until I don't remember that Missouri was in the Big 12, nor care about their athletics program (just like Colorado).

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
They can end up in a better bowl even with a worse record. The SEC has some great bowls. The Big 12 Bowl lineup kind of sucks. It really isn't that great.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
If Mizzou can stick to their offensive philosophy, no reason they can't beat some of the decent SEC teams. Tenn, Kentucky, Vandy, Ole Miss, Miss St, A&M are all open to defeats most weekend.
They should also be in the top half of the conference in basketball if the new coach can get that straightened out.

Last edited:

Trice

Apr 1, 2010

This is the ultimate example of cutting off one's face to spite one's nose. They will regret this.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
No, they will beg the big ten to take them when the Texas recruiting dries up. They stand to hold their own for a couple years until the Texas pipe and current talent dries up.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
If aTm keeps floundering they will not be as big of a factor in recruiting Texas. TCU will benefit the most. Mizzou could suffer as their traditional recruiting ground dries up.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I look forward to Mizzouri getting stomped.

I think it hurts them in basketball. Yes, you'll have easier competition, but recruits want to go to high profile conferences

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Here is my favorite quote from the weekend:

Missouri move to the SEC planned for next week, source says - ESPN

The Tigers' move from the Big 12 to the SEC is expected to be announced next week. The source said the SEC and Missouri opted to put off the announcement because they didn't want to upstage the LSU-Alabama football game Saturday night.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

If MU believes they will do any "upstaging" in the SEC, then they are truly delusional

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
A lot of wishful thinking by envious Cyclone fans.

Missouri made its decision. None of my concern.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Here is my favorite quote from the weekend:

Missouri move to the SEC planned for next week, source says - ESPN

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

If MU believes they will do any "upstaging" in the SEC, then they are truly delusional

In fairness, it's not Mizzou's announcement, it's the SEC's. And rather than "upstaging" a better way to describe it would be a distraction. They obviously want people talking about Alabama/LSU not realignment. From a PR standpoint it's the wise thing to do.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
A lot of wishful thinking by envious Cyclone fans.

Missouri made its decision. None of my concern.

I'm not envious in the least, and I am pretty confident Mizzou will regret this in the long run. They are going to turn into Kentucky, except with an average basketball program. Now if they signed on with the Big Ten, I would be completely jealous.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I have no envy of mizzou to the SEC. B1G, maybe. But SEC??? NO WAY would I want ISU being the northern outpost of that cesspool. Travel, academics, wrestling, recruiting, all would be major issues. Can't wait for those great Vanderbilt vs Mizzou rivalry games or South Carolina vs Mizzou. Man, there is some historic bad blood there...

What they give up: basketball tourny in their own state (WHO LEAVES THAT, REALLY), Texas recruiting, one of the oldest rivalries in the country in KU, 100 year rivalries with OU, KU, ISU and nearly that with KSU and OSU, a conference that cares about hoops, Football games within 6 hours including OSU, OU, KU, KSU, ISU...some of them much closer.

Reactions: JP4CY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron